Blackstone Griddle Help

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
George
I have a relatively new griddle. It has a lid and is always covered when not in use. I am seeing some rust spots on the griddle and the back lip of the griddle. I always put down oil on it after each use. How do I fix this

I agree. I sometimes go without using my griddle for a couple of weeks or more (not a point of pride). I've learned the hard way to check it regularly and at least heat it up and spread some fresh oil. If I get some rust, I fire it up, do the water trick, then slice up a few onions and move them around the grill to season things back up. Onions are much cheaper than sacrificing a protein and do a good job. Just my humble $.02.

Treat it like a cast iron pan. You have to really "season" it if you don't want it to rust. I never use water to clean it. I buy kosher salt in bulk and dump a ton on it, and use a chainmail stainless steel pad to clean it. Then "season" it with oil after im done.

Treat it like a cast iron pan. You have to really "season" it if you don't want it to rust. I never use water to clean it. I buy kosher salt in bulk and dump a ton on it, and use a chainmail stainless steel pad to clean it. Then "season" it with oil after im done.

Interesting. Never heard that one before. I only use water on a hot grill to "deglaze" any stuck on bits. It evaporates quickly and I oil well before turning it off. I'll have to check out your method. Thanks!

When I take my blackstone camping at the beach it will get a bit of rust just overnight, from the humidity, no matter what I do. I use a bit of kosher salt in oil to scrub it off, then wipe it clean with paper towels until the rust residue is gone. Then wipe it down with a bit of clean oil and keep on cooking, no big deal.

I have seen those silicone type liners that lay flat on the grill between uses.

Bright orange.

Think I saw them in the ads on this page.

Not sure if that is an option for you.

Back