Strip Steaks on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I don't recall ever grilling steaks on the Blackstone, but there's a first time for everything! And sometimes one can be lazy about firing up charcoal. :-D

To start off, some bacon. Everything goes better with bacon, though it'll be part of tomorrow's breakfast -

8kbqPA7.jpg

These are CAB Strip Steaks, should grill up pretty quickly. Of course, the bacon drippings will be put to good use. It's a good thing the griddle isn't perfectly level as I can pool the drippings into the rear corner and use it as needed.

These are grilled over one burner set to the highest setting to get a good sear -

5rQCCQq.jpg

Od9wkop.jpg

Simply seasoned initially with kosher salt, then partway though the cook to prevent it from burning I added Oakridge Carne Crosta -

BUkYrfB.jpg

What's nice about the griddle is being able to hold the steaks vertically and get those edges.

Pulled around 125F, but they look to be medium rather than medium rare (still good though!) -

dGG4ziP.jpg

I0f0a7o.jpg

An excellent weeknight dinner!

And as an extra bonus, to get a head start on tomorrow's dinner, chicken breasts with Plowboy's Yardbird -

feC4NvY.jpg

rKH63da.jpg

No grill marks but sometimes grill marks are overrated!

Thanks for checking in on tonite's dinner.

Regards,
-lunchman

You can do a lot with a flat top for sure.

ALWAYS! Bacon first for the fat and later for the snacks.

Cheers!

Bill

Great looking grub as always, Dom!
You really know how to work that griddle.
My stuff doesn't look nearly as good as yours.

Back