Blackstone Electric Griddles

BuffettFan

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Terry
I might be in the market for another griddle for the camper.
I currently have a Blackstone Tailgater which is awesome.
Except for how much room it takes up and setup and teardown time.
When we're in a spot for several nights, it's not a big deal. On travel days, it doesn't make a lot of sense to set it up.
On our trip to the Bash, I ended up schlepping the Tailgater, a 22"Weber and a well worn Weber propane GA. They all saw use.
I've been thinking of replacing the Tailgater with a separate tabletop grill and griddle.
Yesterday, the universe gifted me a nearly perfect Weber Q1200 and stand. After a very deep cleaning, it's as good as new.
So, now for my question, I know a few Brethren have Blackstone Electric Griddles.
How are they holding up, and how do they compare to the gas griddle as far as holding temperature and time to come up to temperature?
They seem to cost about double the gas version, but it would save on propane, which ain't getting any cheaper!
Electric is usually included in the campsite, so it's free!
And yes, I know I can put a flat griddle on the Q, I already have one, but I prefer a separate unit.
Looking forward to some great input.
TIA!

I would like to know as well. Have been considering one for the house to replace the crappy $20 griddle we use now. It's so uneven in temp and the temp fluctuations really suck. I'm curious if the blackstone has similar issues.

I know Amazon reviews are not the best source, but these do NOT look promising.

https://www.amazon.com/product-revi...r&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

That's what's got me concerned.
Sounds like all the same issues as the cheap electric Griddles.
I actually have 2 cheap electric Griddles now.
When we were still boating, I would cook a dock breakfast once a month or so.
I'd cook on one while the other came back up to temp, and jump back and forth. Major pain, but no open flame was allowed on the docks.
I had higher hopes from Blackstone.
Guess I'm sticking with propane.

Last edited:
I love my Blackstone electric griddle. Fits perfectly in an outside storage compartment on my RV. Breakfast, lunch, supper, no problem. Heats up quick and cleans easily. You just have to use non-metal tools to cook. I’m not concerned about the ceramic surface, considering what has gone into my body over the years! :shock:

What about the temp issues?
I'd just be cooking for 2 most of the time, and breakfast almost exclusively.
The exception would be stir fry, or maybe some seafood or smashburgers.

Aren't the results pretty much like an electric fry pan without sides? Kind of like the one mom used for years with the plug in cord with the temperature dial on it.

I bought my son and his family 1 for Christmas and they like it a lot, not heard anything bad about it yet but no metal utensils can be used, my 17” blackstone propane will out cook it though by a long shot

You can get a 1/2 griddle for your Q, I realize it isn’t full size, but that size allows the Q to run efficiently. For a small gasser , it can’t be beat. Also GrillGrates makes a grate that will cover most of the Q’s grate and the grates can be flipped to grill on.

You can get a 1/2 griddle for your Q, I realize it isn’t full size, but that size allows the Q to run efficiently. For a small gasser , it can’t be beat. Also GrillGrates makes a grate that will cover most of the Q’s grate and the grates can be flipped to grill on.

I'm gonna get one of these for my gasser:

https://www.amazon.com/griddle-Q-Stainless-Medium-Sized-Professional-Restaurant/dp/B0BR4YGXZ2/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=3InJs&content-id=amzn1.sym.bc5f3394-3b4c-4031-8ac0-18107ac75816&pf_rd_p=bc5f3394-3b4c-4031-8ac0-18107ac75816&pf_rd_r=3HY45Z0BPT14YENVQA9S&pd_rd_wg=qxLRm&pd_rd_r=ac5d2794-7eb4-4423-b09a-e6c1238e712d&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m&th=1

What about the temp issues?
I'd just be cooking for 2 most of the time, and breakfast almost exclusively.
The exception would be stir fry, or maybe some seafood or smashburgers.

No problem with temps. Set it, once it reaches the temp the lights stay lit. I’ve had no drop in temp.

Saturday morning out back. 82 feels like 92. Pretty cool compared to any day this week. Set the temp 3 minutes later at 325. No sweat…..well some sweat but outdoor breakfast is enjoyable. Clean up is a little water and wipe down.

Back