Blackstone griddle question

My 36" lives outside in the carport. I clean it as soon as I'm done cookin. Give it a coat of oil let it totally cool then toss my silicone cover on along with the hard cover. Haven't had any rust yet.

I have a 22" Blackstone with a hood. I live overlooking a river. I seasoned the crap out of it, and clean it after each use, then hit it with some spray oil after it cools. It hasn't rust yet after two years ( two seasons ). Must be user error imo.

I haven't used my crestware 36" in two years. Sits off my back porch uncovered. No roof, no nothing...no rust. I might fill a 20lb'r this winter...maybe. The Santa Maria grill just sorta took over all the cooking duties.

-D

I have a 22 inch Blackstone, when we moved to our current location, I didn't use it for about 5 or 6 months and it got some rust on the griddle surface, but I took my drill and a wire brush adapter to it and re-seasoned and I haven't seen any rust since. I do have a soft cover for it and I store in my man shed. I use it every two to three weeks. I've had it for about 6 years now.

I'm about to replace it with the newer 36" 4 burner culinary omnivore. It's $100 more than the other 36", but has new welds on the bottom of the griddle along with the wind guards. I live on the coast and most days are breezy and I hope this one will work well.

I have a 22 inch Blackstone, when we moved to our current location, I didn't use it for about 5 or 6 months and it got some rust on the griddle surface, but I took my drill and a wire brush adapter to it and re-seasoned and I haven't seen any rust since. I do have a soft cover for it and I store in my man shed. I use it every two to three weeks. I've had it for about 6 years now.

I'm about to replace it with the newer 36" 4 burner culinary omnivore. It's $100 more than the other 36", but has new welds on the bottom of the griddle along with the wind guards. I live on the coast and most days are breezy and I hope this one will work well.
I’ll have to look that one up, don’t think I’ve seen that one

I’ll have to look that one up, don’t think I’ve seen that one
Yah, they're at Lowe's. I also failed to mention that the legs are heavier duty that the other. I roll my cookers out of my man shed when I cook, so I've been looking for something that can hold up to that movement. I can get a military discount at Lowe's as well and that will save me close to $50 on the cost as well. Sam's Club has a 36" 5 burner griddle that I like as well. The griddle is cast iron, but the frame and cabinet is stainless steel and is only $399 - they will put it on sale for $299 at some point. It seems like a decent griddle IMO.

Back