Must-have cooking gadgets

brimclau

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hello all, today is my b-day so getting a good amount of gift cards for Amazon. trying to figure out some more "stuff" to buy but I already have thermapen, Maverick, Anova WiFi (sous vide), good knives / electric knife, vitamix, immersion blender, etc... you get the picture.

What are some great / useful gadgets you have found you cannot live without?

Based on what you said you had, how are you set up for cast iron?

bottle%20opener_zpskuddbaqp.png

Based on what you said you had, how are you set up for cast iron?

Actually, that is a GREAT idea. I only have one good pan and it is medium sized... could go with a bigger one. thx much for the idea

Are you a cookbook type of person? I have a few cookbooks and enjoy them. The cast iron is always a good idea.

Happy Birthday

Kindling Cracker Firewood Kindling Splitter [ame="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZFS960C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-jg5xb8BB72QX"]Amazon.com : Kindling Cracker Firewood Kindling Splitter : Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I don't have one but have heard amazing things

A nice pepper grinder like apeugeot or unicorn and quality pepper corns, or a salt cellar filled with a nice flaky finishing salt like maldon salt get used with almost every meal for me.

I like cast iron but there's some great carbon steel pans out there that are a bit lighter and a bit quicker to get up to searing temps. I've got wagner cast iron but my debuyer steel is a bit easier to use and just as non-stick. Add a chain mail scrubber to help keep it clean.

A vacuum packer is a great way to freeze bargain meat deals or leftovers. If you want to add onto that get a sous vide circulator like the anova. You can have a lot of fun experimenting with new ways to cook things, and its great at helping you reheat those vac packed leftovers.

I love my electric pressure cooker for easy soups, stews, quick chuck roasts, etc.

The presto pizza pizzazz seems like it'd be a gimmick but it actually does a pretty great job at making pizza, toasting bread and sandwiches, and making snack foods like pizza rolls and taquitos. If you've got kids, its an easy relatively safe way for them to make some snacks without having to use the oven.

A bit less conventional but a "real" popcorn popper is great if you like to do movie nights. If you're a beer fan you might consider learning to brew your own beer. If you're a coffee person you might consider some better equipment for that.

Meat grinder, sausage stuffer, meat slicer?

Amazon's echo is a pretty nifty gadget too and I often use it while cooking, having it set timers, do conversions, play music, etc.

Get a tactical spork, they're all the rage with the cool kids. [ame="https://www.amazon.com/Ka-Bar-9909-Tactical-Spork-Tool/dp/B01FYJ6ICK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474587229&sr=8-1&keywords=tactical+spork"]Amazon.com : Ka-Bar Tactical Spork Tool : Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Happy Birthday!

I think soy bomb has a pretty good list going. Most of what I was going to mention he already said.... Let's see, what else... A good enamel D.O., a water stone for hand sharpening your knives, air locks for home fermenting pickles/hot sauces, paella pan, wok, tortilla press, mandolin, nice knife strip, maple cutting board.

Wow, some awesome ideas. thx again everyone!!

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Predator%C2%AE-Thermometer-Instant-Read-Temperatures/dp/B00KI67F5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474593593&sr=8-1&keywords=thermal+predator"]Amazon.com: Temp Gun by Thermal Predator® Infrared IR Thermometer for Grilling, Risk Free Guarantee! Best Laser Accuracy to Probe for Instant-Read Surface Temperatures using non-contact sensor on Digital Display.: Home Improvement[/ame]

A wood smoke house!

No Sporks!!!!!!

Soybomb had a great list

• Thanks
Reactions: SGH
Here I go Jaccarding-off again ... but I really like this gadget, I use mine at least 4x a week.

There’s lots of meat-pokers out there, you want the kind with BLADES, NOT ROUND PINS.

Blades slice the meat fibers, mastu, errr, masticating the food for you. Round pins just poke round holes in the meat. Both let marinade into the center of the meat, blades chew it into small pieces too. You can actually over-do it and make meat mushy.

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=jaccard+tender&rh=n%3A1055398%2Ck%3Ajaccard+tender"]Amazon.com: jaccard tender: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

The best gift to buy for the man who has everything is consumables.

In the case of bbq it would be rubs sauces meat charcoal ect.

Or a bug arse spatula

Not sure it implies here but that's my advice and I'm sticking too it

1 more for Foodsaver. Easily the most used.

Back