THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RichardF said:
Here you go, but not too sure what it has to do with this thread??? Seems like a diversionary tactic, or don't they do diversionary tactics in Texas :)

Mostly good lookin' stuff but the brisket looks a little dry. You must not be from Texas!:razz:

Just jokin' with ya Man...You will NEVER meet a less "defensive" person than I.

Good lookin' eats ya have there.

Ken (not from Texas but got here as quick as I could.)

TexasGuppie said:
Mostly good lookin' stuff but the brisket looks a little dry. You must not be from Texas!:razz:

Just jokin' with ya Man...You will NEVER meet a less "defensive" person than I.

Good lookin' eats ya have there.

Ken (not from Texas but got here as quick as I could.)

Nope - Not from TX, but did live their for a short time in the early 80's, just long enough to start and end my career in the oil industry, but they certainly do make great brisket in Texas. I also loved the hamburgers from a place called Kincades (sp?) outside Dallas. Maybe one of the best burgers I've ever had.

RichardF said:
I also loved the hamburgers from a place called Kincades (sp?) outside Dallas. Maybe one of the best burgers I've ever had.

They're always in the top 5 each year for best hamburger.

Well I always have to wade into a good controversy. I grew up in TX, but after having moved to TN and eaten BBQ from all over the country. I believe there is not a joint in the world with the best BBQ Brisket or any other kind of meat. The best Cue comes from the Backyard baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Opinions are like assholes. They all stink and everyone has one. I can see the guy liking the gimicy next day brisket. But is it really brisket in the true sense? "Cuts it in 1/2 inch thick slabs and tosses it on the grill." Sounds like he needs to do that, just to make it edible.

Rick Browne?....... Well he would have to qualify himself. I wonder what BBQ joints he has eaten at in TX or KC or TN or SC or FL? When I am qualifying someone, I will always ask their opinion on something that I know is bunk...like a movie or a restaurant. If they rave I know never to give credit to any of their opinions in the future. If they rant, my ears perk up a bit and he/she has credibility for the time being.

I went to a party last night and they had brisket that everyone was raving about.....it was in a shallow dish and already had sauce on it????? I tried it and must have gotten a lesser cut, because I liked the sauce more than the meat and I normally don't do sauce. Anyway, it was bunk. The same guy smoked some spiral cut hams, They were way over smoked and I still haven't gotten the smell off of my hands.

BTW, made 8 fatties today. Lots of minced serrano, minced fresh garlic, pepper jack cheese, and Owens hot sausage. Then I rolled them in Obiecues BBQ Bomber and threw them in the smoker for 6 hours.....yup, came out great.

RichardF said:
Nope - Not from TX, but did live their for a short time in the early 80's, just long enough to start and end my career in the oil industry, but they certainly do make great brisket in Texas. I also loved the hamburgers from a place called Kincades (sp?) outside Dallas. Maybe one of the best burgers I've ever had.

Yup Kincades is good on most evenings. Had a Green Chile Cheeseburger at a place in Madrid NM called the Mine Shaft Tavern. Must have hit it on the right day at the right time because it was so good I didn't even add the fixins to it. That's the problem with those infamous places....You gotta hit them on the right day when you are bringing an out of town guest. I went to Woody's in Mineral Wells TX for what was advertised as the best burger in TX.....well once it was only just good and the second time they burnt the bun. There won't be a third time.

Kincaid's has a good burger but I like Tommy's out by the lake. It's located inside a Texaco gas station. I'm also fond of the Fatburger chain.

Shoot...to look at me one would assume that I like EVERYONE'S burgers, in mass quantities.

Gatordawg said:
The best Cue comes from the Backyard baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen, brother!

As for burgers, so many to try, so little time. The ultimate gut bomb burger, though, is Dyers in Memphis. The flattened burger is thrown into a vat of grease.

While in Memphis, there is also the "soul burger" at Ernestine & Hazels (a former whorehouse turned bar). Cooked to order behind the bar on a flattop grill with large amounts of pepper and something in an old mustard squeeze bottle that smells and burns like Worcheshire. Bun is grilled then topped with grilled onions.

Dyers.gif

RichardF said:
I also loved the hamburgers from a place called Kincades (sp?) outside Dallas. Maybe one of the best burgers I've ever had.

Mmmmm, they do make a fine burger. The original location is in Ft. Worth, the latest is in Southlake. If we didn't already have meatloaf planned for dinner I'd be tempted to go order a double double, and not have to eat the rest of the week.

Having grown up in Texas, I get it. Brisket is much more than just food in Texas it is part of the culture. People take it very serious and personal as you can see.

Wine & Swine said:
Having grown up in Texas, I get it. Brisket is much more than just food in Texas it is part of the culture. People take it very serious and personal as you can see.

In the upcoming election I'm told that brisket is on the ballot for "Official State Meat."

Really.

Ken

Back