Texas Trash Pie for Dessert TD

frognot

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Charles
Texas Trash Pie is this sweet and crunchy pie with a touch of saltiness. Ingredients include chocolate chips, caramel chips, pecans, coconut, pretzels and Graham crackers. It's a very popular pie at Royers Round Top Cafe in Round Top, Texas (east of Austin). Sandra (Mrs frognot) saw the recipe in Southern Living magazine and wanted to take it to a family gathering after Christmas. Since there is a Holiday Desserts TD currently going on I asked if I could smoke it in the Big Green Egg. Permission was granted and everybody liked this pie.

I cooked in on the BGE at around 300-325 degrees using Royal Oak lump charcoal with some peach wood. It took around 40 minutes to cook. Thinking it would be good with some vanilla ice cream on top and will try that next time. Sandra had her piece of pie with a cinnamon latte (Santa brought me an espresso machine).

My nephew Glenn (Gatordawg here) was in town with his lovely wife and he took these pictures. I think he did a real good job.

Attachments

• IMG_5276.jpg
    IMG_5276.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_5281.jpg
    IMG_5281.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_5295.jpg
    IMG_5295.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 189
Hmmmm... this may be one case where I would want to start with dessert, just to make sure that I have room for it. Very nicely done, Charles!

Back