Carolina/South East bash

I think I should do this

Well, I think it may be time I introduce myself to this bunch, and tell y’all something about me, since I’ll probably be meeting most of you at the end of April.
My name is Harry Lawrence, AKA, Cabo. I live in Columbia, SC. I’m one of the “OG’s”.
When we started this “group” I don’t think any of us expected something like this. I think I was the first from S.C. for a long time, and it saddened me a bit, knowing how big this State is on BBQ. So, I joined the S.C.B.A. to become a judge, and quickly learned that mustard base pork, and chicken was the only BBQ in S.C.
Hmmm, not what I was looking for. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good mustard base, but I knew there were other things out there. You see I cooked my first brisket some time in 2003, and made my first chipotles about the same time. It just seemed that not everyone was ready to except it. So, I went back to Qing, and experimenting in the backyard. After all that is where this site got started. Meanwhile this site got so big, I got slightly intimidated, but kept up with the OG’s. It’s amazing, and gratifying to me, that there is finally a bunch of folks that like to venture out.
Yeah, I’m long winded, maybe that’s why I kinda shut down on the site.

I do believe my wife and I WILL be attending this shindig. All I need to know is if it's ok to just bring ourselves. The only thing I have to carry my cookers is my single cab work truck and I don't think she would enjoy a weekend or dive in that.:laugh:

Yes that will be fine! I was going to say the ones driving up or down for the day could just bring cups or plates etc. Those of us local and camping there for the weekend could do most of the vittles!

I will get a look this weekend or next...

So i rode out to shelter 3 today at Dreher Island. Looks like there is plenty of parking.

Shelter is 50 to 75 yards from asphalt through light woods.

There is a small jungle gem and swings for the chaps...and Dennis:mrgreen:.

Also the lake is right there...

Bathrooms are close as well...

I live bout 20 minutes from there so any questions, fire away or call me.

Troy

I am in. Looking for a Site now. Seriously I aint comin without the trailer. Its lonely as of late. It has a date with an upcoming event, but it wants a true party. It holds 6 1/2 bbl kegs. is there a list of camp sites with power and water close to picnic shelter 3

Great man love to have you. The shelter is at the end of White Oak Road. No sites near it. They seem to be located in two groups on the island. The beer trailer may be a little overkill. Kinda need to be low key with the beverages since state parks have a no booze policy. As long as it's not advertised it's cool, red cup and koozies work just fine. Thanks again for coming can't wait to meet you!

All they can do is make me leave. Its on my site. Not yours. I just Need power for my camper and keggerator. I honestly don’t like to walk or drive the golf cart far for beer. Last thing I want is for the party to migrate my way. Close enough is good enough. I am asking for another camper coming to house the margarita freezer. We only get 30 amp service. Not my first state park

I wasn't giving you no grief just didn't know if you knew their policies. Since we are representing the Brethren just wanted to be low key!

Back