Which State has most BBQ population, especially low & slow

I'll tell you right now Indiana isn't 1-35 or 40....Ain't nobody but me and a few others BBQ'n I think. lol

Yeah, but I do miss my annual trips to Indy and more to the point Broad Ripple. After a few hours in Broad Ripple I didn't care what food was missing!:thumb::thumb:

As far as the #2-4 goes I'd say it's Georgia, NC and Florida(I picked florida because a lot of food served there can be considered BBQ....just not southern)

Yeah, the whole idea of it being based on controller sales changes things. I do disagree that controller sales imply cooking low and slow though. IMO it mostly tells you how much the buyer wants to be able to focus on other activities while cooking (sleeping, comp prep, etc).

I'm gonna say Georgia would be in top 5... The joy of Ga bbq is that there isn't a style like memphis, or the carolinas. Instead we encapsulate all the different styles, which is awesome to me. One joint may have only mustard and vinegar sauces, while they next one may be more sweet heat or thick syrupy sauces and dry rubs.

I'm gonna say Georgia would be in top 5... The joy of Ga bbq is that there isn't a style like memphis, or the carolinas. Instead we encapsulate all the different styles, which is awesome to me. One joint may have only mustard and vinegar sauces, while they next one may be more sweet heat or thick syrupy sauces and dry rubs.
...and SALMON! :boink: :becky:

Never have, never will use a controller. Heck, I only bought a temp unit with remote probe to check the difference between firebox side, middle, opposite end and accuracy of the supplied thermometer.

Every time I drive through Alabama I'm amazed at the number of BBQ restaurants I see - be shocked if they weren't near the top.

Just for fun.
What is your answer in No. 2,3 and 4.
Following post here please.
Depending on your answer and how many people take part in this game, I will give away 2 OZ stainless steel brine injector, and/or wGrill the BBQ thermometer with WIFI, and/or QMaster-Junior single probe BBQ controller, and/or QMaster-Senior dual probes controller.
Deadline Sept.30,2014
You can change your answer. But the latest answer will be validate for give-away.
If two or more have the same correct answer, the first will win the most expensive give-away.

OP, I've been looking in to your controllers and am very intrigued. They seem to be just what I am looking for. Let me know if you need a tester and unashamed promoter of your products :wink:.

For my guess, though, I'll say:

#2 - Florida
#3 - Kansas
#4 - Oklahoma

It will be interesting to see your results. I was having a similar convesation with my lady last night. While I think there's a lot of different ways to look at this kind of data - what I'm interested in knowing is what is the total number of BBQ restaurants in relation to a population. Basically, I want to answer the question, "What city has the most BBQ joints?" Memphis is definitely a contender for that.

Given your criteria I would guess -
2 - Georgia
3 - Kentucky
4 - Mississippi

I'm trying to understand exactly what you are asking. What states cook the most BBQ overall ? Which states have the most people cooking BBQ ? Which states eat the most BBQ ?

Also, not sure how sales data will tell you much vis a vis "lo and slow".

My question is Which states have the most people cooking BBQ ?
I am selling BBQ controllers. which are used for low and slow.
High temp. grilling does not need my ccontroller

But I'd be willing to bet the majority of people are not using controllers on their pits, especially stick burners.

You are absolutely right.
But I am thinking percentage, not absolute numbers.

If 10 people in Texas bought my controllers while it was 1 in MN, then I can conclude that Texas has more people doing BBQ

Back