Brisket ultra low and slow

Smoothboar,

Very curious which model Avancto you picked up. Does it hold the briskets well and keep them moist? Has it helped you get some more rest?

Smoothboar,

Very curious which model Avancto you picked up. Does it hold the briskets well and keep them moist? Has it helped you get some more rest?

I just cancelled the order on the holding cabinet this morning. I bought it from Webstaurantstore.com and they said if I had it delivered to a residential address (my food trailer stays at my house) then it would void the warranty. My power is sufficient for the piece of equipment, but they said all their equipment is designed to ONLY be used in a commercial kitchen. They won't warranty anything being used on a food truck / trailer, or at a house.

Either way it was both a holding cabinet and a proofing cabinet, so it was designed to work both dry or wet. I'm going to blow off serving lunch tomorrow and test out an 8+ hour hold in a pre-warmed cooler on a pork butt. I'll use my Thermoworks Signals to monitor the internal temp of the meat and the ambient temp inside the cooler. If this works out then I'll give it a shot and see how well it would work when a larger cooler is full of 100+Lbs of meat.

My sleep schedule is so screwed up right now that I'm essentially living off of 2 or 3 naps which vary between 1-2 hours each. I'm kind of a walking zombie at this point and it cost me a bit today. I got too lazy and overcooked 8 out of 32 racks of ribs. They were definitely something I wouldn't serve to anyone, so I've got to find peace with some new timeline.

Oh man that's a bummer. Unless they sell to you for a discount w/o the warranty I would pass as well. Wonder if you could find one at one of those restaurant equipment auctions?

Cambro makes an electric food holding cabinet as well that looks like it would do the job.

Other option would be to get regular cambro and add camwarmer plate. I bet if you filled up the cambro with meat and added the camwarmer it would stay warm for quite a long time.

There are likely folks on here with better advise and far more knowledge than me. Hope you can come up with a solution that works for you. You need your sleep!

Oh man that's a bummer. Unless they sell to you for a discount w/o the warranty I would pass as well. Wonder if you could find one at one of those restaurant equipment auctions?

Cambro makes an electric food holding cabinet as well that looks like it would do the job.

Other option would be to get regular cambro and add camwarmer plate. I bet if you filled up the cambro with meat and added the camwarmer it would stay warm for quite a long time.

There are likely folks on here with better advise and far more knowledge than me. Hope you can come up with a solution that works for you. You need your sleep!

I've never heard of the camwarmer and just looked it up. I already have a solid Cambro which can hold 5 hotel pans, so this might be a good way to go in the short term. I usually pre-warm the Cambro with 4-5 gallons of boiling water, and it retains heat so well...well over 4 hours.

Sleep is definitely something I need as I'm so demotivated when I'm exhausted. I'm going to keep looking around for a decent holding cabinet and see what I can find. Thanks for the discussion.

Back