THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My sauces and many others are documented in infernooo's sauce contest thread.

When I sauce ribs, I apply the sauce THIN using warmed sauce after the ribs have been removed from the smoker and let it "set up" for approximately 10 minutes. For contests, I put the sauce on right before closing the clamshell...

The reason: sauce tends to absorb smoke, and my ribs are smoky enough...

The rubs I use are largely peppers and a seasoned salt, with little or no sugars in it. To balance, I like the sauce to lean towards a more sweet sauce with a hint of a bite.

I usually only cook one rack at a time so I do like Smoke Ninja. One side dry and the other side I been using Amazing Glaze from The Slabs.

I always cook dry and like a home made sweet and tangy vinegar sauce on the side. sometimes I'll make a doctored KC style sauce, with 1 part Sweet Baby Rays 1 part ketchup, 1/2 part ACV, Brown sugar and honey, and seasonings. They seem to like it.

Sonny's Sweet thinned a bit.
Served on the side at home.

Like it at home and won us a fair amount of $$ when competing. 8)

TIM

My favorite sauce is to use the juice that is in the foil with the ribs and doctor it up. When removing the foil I pour the juice into a sauce pan and put the ribs back on the grill. Bring the pan in and crank the stovetop to hi to get the juice boiling, then lower the heat just a bit to a hi simmer and add some stuff, kinda whatever I feel like at the time, normally brown sugar, a couple shots of Worcestershire, black pepper and whatever is around. Sometimes I'll add a little Bulls Eye Original bbq sauce to it. Let it reduce to a thick glaze and brush on the ribs and cook till it sets. Great flavor and easy to do. I hate wasting that good meat juice from the foil.

Raspberry Chipolte & Tiger sauce are my favorite for store bought .
Although i don't sauce much .I do experamit with sauces just in case someone want's sauce on the side .

Back