What's your preferred sauce for ribs?

My sauces and many others are documented in infernooo's sauce contest thread.

When I sauce ribs, I apply the sauce THIN using warmed sauce after the ribs have been removed from the smoker and let it "set up" for approximately 10 minutes. For contests, I put the sauce on right before closing the clamshell...

The reason: sauce tends to absorb smoke, and my ribs are smoky enough...

The rubs I use are largely peppers and a seasoned salt, with little or no sugars in it. To balance, I like the sauce to lean towards a more sweet sauce with a hint of a bite.

I usually only cook one rack at a time so I do like Smoke Ninja. One side dry and the other side I been using Amazing Glaze from The Slabs.

I always cook dry and like a home made sweet and tangy vinegar sauce on the side. sometimes I'll make a doctored KC style sauce, with 1 part Sweet Baby Rays 1 part ketchup, 1/2 part ACV, Brown sugar and honey, and seasonings. They seem to like it.

Sonny's Sweet thinned a bit.
Served on the side at home.

Like it at home and won us a fair amount of $$ when competing. 8)

TIM

My favorite sauce is to use the juice that is in the foil with the ribs and doctor it up. When removing the foil I pour the juice into a sauce pan and put the ribs back on the grill. Bring the pan in and crank the stovetop to hi to get the juice boiling, then lower the heat just a bit to a hi simmer and add some stuff, kinda whatever I feel like at the time, normally brown sugar, a couple shots of Worcestershire, black pepper and whatever is around. Sometimes I'll add a little Bulls Eye Original bbq sauce to it. Let it reduce to a thick glaze and brush on the ribs and cook till it sets. Great flavor and easy to do. I hate wasting that good meat juice from the foil.

Raspberry Chipolte & Tiger sauce are my favorite for store bought .
Although i don't sauce much .I do experamit with sauces just in case someone want's sauce on the side .

Back