Whats your favorite ABT recipe

Cream cheese, finely chopped orange flavored crasins(Ocean Spray), sprinkle of your favorite rub that has some heat, pulled pork or shredded brisket. I am making myself drool!!!

I'm liking the pineapple idea. That's going into the "try this" file for next time.

I've tried crabmeat in the filling, but maybe I didn't use enough because it was just kinda "meh." I prefer little smokies or other smoked sausage with cream cheese and sharp cheddar. Worcestershire sauce is a must in my book. I've been thinking about trying a pig-candy treatment on the bacon. Hot and sweet is always a winner- that's why I like the pineapple idea.

Abt

I've been stuffing mine with a mixture of ground beef and refried beans and a taco seasoning wrapped in very thinly cut bacon....your imagination is the limit with these things!

The pineapple is a great idea. I like the mix of the hot and sweet. I like to mix apricot preserves in with the cream cheese. I'm going to be making some for tomorrow and I think I'll try some with the pineapple and some with the craisens (another great idea).

I'll let you know how it works out.

Eric

Pineapple or peach with some RED onions finely chopped really rock!

You can get the pineapple cream cheese already mixed if you are in a rush

Im thinking about smoked baby oysters and creamed cheese sometime.. what think all?

Ok, so I prepared some ABT's for the Jets/Giants game tomorrow (stop by Willie B's and try one!).

I was bored and feeling a bit odd, so I made three varieties. I'll let you know Monday how they turned out.

1) Very basic. Cream cheese, cheese wiz (I know, don't say it) and bacon bits.

2) Cream cheese, craisens, raspberry preserves and rum.

3) Thai influenced: cream cheese (noticing a pattern?), peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, pineapple.

I also made some stuffed bell peppers (rice, cheese, black beans, pulled pork, seasonings), but that's for another thread.

Eric

My Favorite this year so far has been Hatch Chilis stuffed with a fairly typical stuffing of cream cheese, crumbled and cooked chorizo,small chunks of sharp cheddar, and saute'd green onion tops. Of course wrapped in bacon......those puppies were AWESOME!! sorry no pics!

What a wonderful variety of the ABT's here. I can't imagine an ABT that is not just totally delicious! They are one of those "I bet ya can't eat one"...things :)

The ABT's went over very well at Willie's tailgate party. I was VERY surprised at the change in all of the flavor varieties after smoking. The rum, for example, completely receded into the background but still had a nice mellow flavor.

All in all, they were fun to make and all were enjoyable, but I think I still prefer the basic ABT.

Eric

I did some that were stuffed w/ chopped cherries and smoked string cheese wrpped in bacon.
Very popular with the neighbors and the wife (which was a huge surprise).

ABT7.jpg
Thought you were a no toothpick guy!:mrgreen:

I made some for a party awhile back with the younger kids in mind. I cored out the peppers very thoroughly and soaked them in water for several hours. I've been told that this cuts some of the heat, but I don't know if that's true or not. Sliced them lengthwise and filled them with Velveeta cheese and sprinkled bacon bits and a little bit of TexasBBQ rub on them. They were a real hit with the 10-12 year olds that don't like the real hot stuff.

Back