What's Your Favorite Fatty?

pmad

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
I know the naked fatty rules, but if you are adding something, what is your favorite?

I've done:

Cheesesteak - cheese, shaved beef, peppers, onion, & mushroom
Pizza - cheese, pepperoni, & sauce
Gouda & Apple
Breakfast - eggs, bacon, & potatoes

The cheesesteak was probably my favorite.

What do you most enjoy adding to a fatty?

If I was to add anything inside, it would be eggs. It is rare that I even put rub on.

When does a stuffed fattie become a meatloaf? Inquiring minds want to know.

I have been thinking on blending a Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage with instant mashed potato flakes to make a meat paste that once chilled, could be thinly rolled out, stuffed with joy, and then smoked while the pork fat and the potatoes become happy.

Am I delusional?

ZBQ made the best breakfast fatties I have ever had at A Pretty Good BBQ one year.
My little brother made one stuffed with corned beef hash that was pretty dang good too.
The best one I ever had was the first one. A nekkid fatties that Ron_L cooked at a comp I Libertyville.

I get it, I love the naked fatty.
But I'm making one for friends and it seems people are usually more excited if there is stuff in it.

Giving fatties away better put me on the nice list. It's not easy to part with.

While not technically a "fatty" since it didn't use sausage, my favorite so far was a Banzai-burger style. Ground beef mixed with teriyaki sauce, filled with onion, pineapple, shredded swiss and more teriyaki sauce.
DSC00463.jpg

Breakfast sausage with a good quality american cheese like Cooper sharp, or Boar's Head inside. No Rub.

Making 2 for my sister.
#1 - Blueberry, Blackberry, Breakfast Sausage - brown sugar rub
#2 - Country Sausage, Chorizo, Roasted Jalapeño - pork rub

Without a doubt, tater tot stuffed sausage log is what my family demands every time. I then can do another "experimental" fatty. But at least 1 tater tot stuff is required every time.

I personally like using hot Italian sausage and stuffing it with pepper, onions, and mozzarella and serving with some sauce on the side. Another odd ball one that I like, is jalapeno, cream cheese, crushed pineapple stuffed.

When does a stuffed fattie become a meatloaf? Inquiring minds want to know.

I have been thinking on blending a Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage with instant mashed potato flakes to make a meat paste that once chilled, could be thinly rolled out, stuffed with joy, and then smoked while the pork fat and the potatoes become happy.

Am I delusional?

No, you are not. I think it's a little like spaghetti sauce or gumbo, how ever you like it and call it what you want. Guessing the contents of "Joy" could dictate how much potato flakes you add.

Back