Cream of Jalapeno soup

jhwhite

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Jody
Some time last year I came across a recipe, no idea where, and it required cream of jalapeno soup. I'm in Virginia and I could not find it anywhere. I think I found some on Amazon but it was way too expensive. It was on HEBs website but it didn't look like they shipped it.

Last week I was in a Food Lion and they carry it locally now but I can not remember what recipe I wanted to do so bad that required it.

But I really want to make something with it.

What are your favorite recipes that call for cream of jalapeno??

Chicken enchilada casserole?
Layers of smoked chicken, onions, cheese, flour tortillas, green chiles, jalapeno soup, sour cream, etc... Pretty much anything can be added. :laugh:

Cream of Jalapeno sounds real tasty. Some japs are hot, and some are mild. They're so fun to work with

I bet it would be good in a cheesy hashbrown casserole recipe as a substitute for cream of chicken.
Now I need to find some.

I just saw Meat Church's recipe for King Ranch casserole too and it was the first time I had ever heard of Cream of Jalapeno soup. Anyone who has ever tried it, how does it range in term of spice? My wife doesn't like spice and I'm not sure how much the cream kills the heat. Any idea?

Never heard of it, but it sounds delicious. Would make a great chicken casserole. Tuna too.

Edit: Found it at Meijer. Too bad I was there yesterday!

I just saw Meat Church's recipe for King Ranch casserole too and it was the first time I had ever heard of Cream of Jalapeno soup. Anyone who has ever tried it, how does it range in term of spice? My wife doesn't like spice and I'm not sure how much the cream kills the heat. Any idea?

looked that recipe up, sounds like some potential for yum. dont wanna order a dozen cans of the soup on amazon tho :p

I would just use cream of chicken and add freeze dried Jalapenos or cowboy candy!

Last edited:
Yall need to check out Grady Spears recipe for Jalapeño cilantro cream soup. It can be found in his cookbook Cowboy in the Kitchen. Delicious and easy to make.

Back