THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm planning on bringing an extra, just in case something goes awry and I don't get a Ranchers. I'll keep the backup in the cryo until I have the Ranchers in hand, then return it (the backup) home to the freezer. We're only 10 or 15 minutes away, so that should be no problem.

I just don't want to get there and find out the Ranchers truck broke down, and have to be scrambling. Only other thing that bugs me a bit is not knowing what the grade of meat is. They advertise it as "100% Tender and 100% beef (I would hope so) but no mention of grade

Guess I'll take the gamble.

Interesting though, on their site, they list the first "winner" http://kcbs.us/rancherspoints.php?id=5 as from the Stagecoach Music Festival BArbecue Cookoff, in Indio, CA, and list the team as "All Sauced Up" and include a photo. But I don't see that team on the results list of the contest anywhere.:confused:

All Sauced Up was Lottabull Bull West. If you aren't on the West Coast, you aren't winning it though.

Ahhh....that makes sense....wondered who that was when I saw it.

I know that it's unlikely to win the whole thing being as this is the only one of the 9 we'll do....but the possibility of a little extra scratch is tempting! We got a couple briskie calls last year:pray:

Just happy to see the season start for us.

It'll be interesting to see how many take part here

Well, if they have a similar group of judges as last year....just cook your brisket so it's overcooked at 6am, stick it in a cooler hoping it stays together, and turn it in. Worked for me last year. :rolleyes:

Expect to see a few new judges. Fine with me. Damn contest... they hate my food. Don't know what idiot had a hand in getting the contest going... He needs to get better judges! ;)

Or he could send Dr. Porkenstein on a cruise......:p

I did one better. I shipped him off to Louisiana... You can get lost for years down in those swamps... :thumb: I think now all I have to do is get rid of those other 20 teams that finished ahead of me, Quau and the Reverend...

Back