Westmont Red, White, & BBQ

I'm planning on bringing an extra, just in case something goes awry and I don't get a Ranchers. I'll keep the backup in the cryo until I have the Ranchers in hand, then return it (the backup) home to the freezer. We're only 10 or 15 minutes away, so that should be no problem.

I just don't want to get there and find out the Ranchers truck broke down, and have to be scrambling. Only other thing that bugs me a bit is not knowing what the grade of meat is. They advertise it as "100% Tender and 100% beef (I would hope so) but no mention of grade

Guess I'll take the gamble.

Interesting though, on their site, they list the first "winner" http://kcbs.us/rancherspoints.php?id=5 as from the Stagecoach Music Festival BArbecue Cookoff, in Indio, CA, and list the team as "All Sauced Up" and include a photo. But I don't see that team on the results list of the contest anywhere.:confused:

All Sauced Up was Lottabull Bull West. If you aren't on the West Coast, you aren't winning it though.

Ahhh....that makes sense....wondered who that was when I saw it.

I know that it's unlikely to win the whole thing being as this is the only one of the 9 we'll do....but the possibility of a little extra scratch is tempting! We got a couple briskie calls last year:pray:

Just happy to see the season start for us.

It'll be interesting to see how many take part here

Well, if they have a similar group of judges as last year....just cook your brisket so it's overcooked at 6am, stick it in a cooler hoping it stays together, and turn it in. Worked for me last year. :rolleyes:

Expect to see a few new judges. Fine with me. Damn contest... they hate my food. Don't know what idiot had a hand in getting the contest going... He needs to get better judges! ;)

Expect to see a few new judges. Fine with me. Damn contest... they hate my food. Don't know what idiot had a hand in getting the contest going... He needs to get better judges! ;)

Or he could send Dr. Porkenstein on a cruise......:p

Or he could send Dr. Porkenstein on a cruise......:p

I did one better. I shipped him off to Louisiana... You can get lost for years down in those swamps... :thumb: I think now all I have to do is get rid of those other 20 teams that finished ahead of me, Quau and the Reverend...

Back