Any KCBS Judges Having Sign-Up Issues in Judge Portal?

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
I'm signing up for this year's comps and the KCBS site is not jiving with the Organizers information. Yesterday I got (3) separate registration emails in a (2) minute window, but none of them had the "Click Here" hyperlink to register. they did show all my contact info, preferences etc. The organizer is showing that I'm on the list, but in My Judges Portal my status says "Judge Selection in Progress" instead of "Confirmed". There is a 12 or 14 day period to sign-up so I plan to wait another day or so to see if the KCBS site will update. Just curious If I'm the only one with issues.

I signed up for an event via the KCBS web site a couple of days ago. I just checked there and it's listed. I don't know how I would find out whether this matches the event organizer's list. Status is judge selection not yet started.

I signed up for an event via the KCBS web site a couple of days ago. I just checked there and it's listed. I don't know how I would find out whether this matches the event organizer's list. Status is judge selection not yet started.

That is considered a pre-registration. You find a comp in the world wide list, click the link and sign up to get on the list. You will get an e-mail telling you that you're pre-registered and that you will be notified later if you make the cut. Your Judge Portal will now show that comp, and tell you the status.... like you saw today. A second email will have a link to confirm that you will Judge, TC or Volunteer and then you are locked in and that contest will turn green in your Judge Portal.

I was pre-registered, and first the Organizer emailed me directly to confirm I was still interested, then forwarded my credentials to KCBS and they sent (what I thought) was the invitation or confirming email. It just did not have a link to confirm. I'll call the home office tomorrow because they can see the info that the Organizer has, and also my Judge Portal.

Problem solved, I contacted KCBS and got a fast reply that the contest was one that that kept Judges information from 2020 because they cancelled due to COVID. Sounds the names rolled over to 2021 and the organizer just needed to send out another registration request which they did today. :thumb:

Back