WebstaurantStore.com Soft Fraud

get the HD restaurant rolls at sams club, Ive been using it for years.

Yes. The HD stuff at Sams is the best I've found anywhere too. Better than Costco, better than restaurant depot. I can't speak to Webrestaurant stuff, but I can't imagine anything being better than sams unless it was a lot less expensive with the same quality.

Does it come in 24" wide rolls???? That seems to be the kicker.

Hmmmm... starting a bit of a highjack here. :doh:

The HD foil from Sam's is 18" wide and that is the same width as the Reynolds HD alum foil they carry.
Try Jett.com or Amazon for 24" Reynolds HD and ExtraHD rolls. Just hold onto your butt when you see the price.

Last edited:
[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Reynolds-633-Length-Heavy-Duty-Aluminum/dp/B004NG90YY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477342866&sr=8-1&keywords=24+wide+aluminum+foil"]Amazon.com: Reynolds 633 500' Length x 24" Width, Extra Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil Roll: Industrial & Scientific@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41aer56E--L.@@AMEPARAM@@41aer56E--L[/ame] $175 a roll....

Does it come in 24" wide rolls???? That seems to be the kicker.

Hmmmm... starting a bit of a highjack here. :doh:

What do you need 24" for that 18 won't do? Even when I worked at a q joint I didn't have anything where I needed the extra width.

What do you need 24" for that 18 won't do? Even when I worked at a q joint I didn't have anything where I needed the extra width.

18" foil would not line the water pan (20" x 20") in my cabinet smoker and the 24" would - in addition to making leak-proof sides for very easy clean-up.

Found a good compromise between WebrestaurantStore offering with this....

http://www.uspackagingandwrapping.c...inum-Foil/western-plastics-aluminum-foil.html

The standard duty is on par with Reynold's standard and the H/D version is better priced than Amazon. There's a great foil resource link on that page as well.

Threadjack over...........

I've bought many things from Webstaurant. Up to a $7k steamer. Love them. You buy online, you gotta do your own research and buyer beware.

... and I'll say again- they have terrible customer service with respect to problems.

Folks that are chiming in with how much they like these guys have all had clean purchases. So what??? Good for you that they managed to fill an order successfully. This is no great feat. What happens when there's a problem, however?

When I buy from Amazon and there is some very occasional issue, the vendors fall all over themselves to make it right.

WebResturantStore does not have this service. That's what the OP and I are both saying.

Any company can complete an order, even a $7k steamer. What happens when there's a problem? This is what defines customer service, and these guys just don't have it.

But Ted, the OP had a hopeless situation. Websturaunt did nothing wrong, so how would their service make a difference when they're dealing with an inconsolable customer who is blaming them for his own mistake?

I have ordered things online incorrectly. It's always been a mistake on my part - not reading the dims, reqs, compatibilities, or something along those lines. It's always a risk when shopping by a picture without a physical product. I have never held the seller responsible for my mistake, let alone cry fraud on a public forum. Regardless of how good their service is, I think the OP's anger is pretty unjustified.

This.

But Ted, the OP had a hopeless situation. Websturaunt did nothing wrong, so how would their service make a difference when they're dealing with an inconsolable customer who is blaming them for his own mistake?

I have ordered things online incorrectly. It's always been a mistake on my part - not reading the dims, reqs, compatibilities, or something along those lines. It's always a risk when shopping by a picture without a physical product. I have never held the seller responsible for my mistake, let alone cry fraud on a public forum. Regardless of how good their service is, I think the OP's anger is pretty unjustified.

That's a good distinction, Shag. I'm tuning into the fact that despite speaking with their service people, the OP is still unsatisfied to the point where he posts here. Generally you want customer service to try and make it right or at least have the consumer understand what's wrong, and everything is settled. That didn't happen here. I might have attributed this to the OP being unable to ever be satisfied, (those people do indeed exist), but I also had a miserable customer service experience with these folks.

My business and livelihood is selling materials online. These days you have to take great care to make sure people understand and are happy or you'll see bad press online. Amazon is acutely aware of this, and this is why their suppliers fix things so readily. I used to sell on Amazon and there are (were) service performance expectations, and you don't want to cross them (amazon).

How about a good ol' refund? That's the standard settlement when there's an issue. Maybe I missed where webresturant said they'd just take it back? Anything? Discount coupon? In my situation (piddly $45 purchase) their service team failed. Rest assured, I could give two poops about $45. Their poor service doesn't deserve my future business. It's principle with me.

My butcher paper that I bought locally in Houston and have used a zillion times appears to be the same color of paper that appears in robinfresno's post earlier which he received from Websturantstore. It is the same color of paper Aaron Franklin uses, not that it matters. It works regardless what color you think it is. Different folks will see the paper and call it red,pink, peach or brown. I will say it...the OP is not being reasonable. Sort of a "mountain out of a mole hill" thread to me. Cannot believe it has lasted this long.

There are two issues here...... (1) customer service and (2), whether the product delivered performs the service for which it was designed and manufactured to do, regardless of what color you want to call it. Regarding (1), I agree with TedW. As to (2), I think the OP is wrong.

(my last post, and just to beat the dead horse one last time)

Agree, Spring. On the one hand it's not a legit concern. The peach color is irrelevant. Just as silly as thinking the paper was made from peaches.

I'm just focusing on what their customer service team did about it. They angered him instead of making this go away. At the end of the day if your service department can't make a small thing like this go away, then these sorts of posts and threads are gonna happen. You see it all the time.

My purchase error with them was completely my fault, ordering an 18" paper dispenser rather than the 24" I wanted. Whose fault is that? Not theirs, that's for sure. The real problem started afterwards when I wanted to exchange it. That's when their service people got involved, and it is with these service people that I have my gripe.

... and I'll say again- they have terrible customer service with respect to problems.

Folks that are chiming in with how much they like these guys have all had clean purchases. So what??? Good for you that they managed to fill an order successfully. This is no great feat. What happens when there's a problem, however?

When I buy from Amazon and there is some very occasional issue, the vendors fall all over themselves to make it right.

WebResturantStore does not have this service. That's what the OP and I are both saying.

Any company can complete an order, even a $7k steamer. What happens when there's a problem? This is what defines customer service, and these guys just don't have it.

I've had several problems purchasing items on Amazon (Amazon as the fulfillment party) where they send me the wrong items. I have to repurchase the item and then I have to send the items back before they credit back my card. I have even had Amazon send me used items that they took in from a previous return. I refuse to accept a used item to be used in food prep or in cooking.. and how hard is it to verify a product number or code? It turns out to be a real pain in the arse. This year I did not renew by Amazon prime membership, I will purchase from Websturaunt.com, Equippers.com, or purchase locally.

Yet I have had ZERO problems with Websturaunt.com. Always deliver the right item, always exactly as described, and never used. Maybe that's their policy regarding no returns for items that will come in contact with food, I don't know...... If it is, I support it...

Back