WebstaurantStore.com Soft Fraud

I couldn't count the number of times I order from webstaurantstore.com every year and I've never had any problems. They have great quality items as well as lower priced items that don't have the quality, but you get what you pay for.

Don't mean to sound like I'm minimizing your tragedy, but how I wish that the color of the paper was my only worry....

If the paper works great for brisket, does color really matter? Nobody see's it because it will be grease laden and thrown out. It doesn't effect the process or the flavor, it just lets the brisket breathe so bark can form.

I agree with the above; if color is a big issue to you, then return it and look elsewhere.

As my wife would say "First World problems..."

I think you are over thinking it... If I say that you know you are over thinking it.

From working at a butcher shop when I was younger the term "Peach" doesn't necessarily describe the color, only the fact that it hides leaking juices/blood from fresh meat. I've seen it come in Pink, Peach, and Brown, but it all works the way it was designed. The important thing is that it is rated for direct contact with food and it has no coating.

Most papers less than 24" are Treated with starch to give them more strength when wet (often called sizing) which slightly lightens the pigment shade of the paper. 24" papers are almost never have a sizing agent added because they are slightly thicker.

Well, based on this from the website description...

Peach Treated Paper
Unlike white butcher paper that shows blood and excess juices, this peach paper hides unwanted stains to keep food looking appetizing! This means that it's perfect for framing meats in your display case. Additionally, the paper is treated to improve wet strength and leak resistance while allowing the meat to breathe when packaged.
...the "Peach Treated" paper must have some sizing added. I thought there might be some legit aspect to the O/P's position, especially since reviews about their customer service seemed real bad but honestly I've been hosed for a heck of a lot more than 20 bucks in the past. :mrgreen:

Anyone try the "Heavy-Duty 24-inch Aluminum Foil"? I was wondering how heavy it was compared to Reynold's or similar.

I don't see the problem? The color looks brown to me, and the description clearly says brown. Just because you didn't take the time to thoroughly read and educate yourself on what it was you were purchasing, the company is somehow scamming you? You've made quite a big deal over something that looks to be entirely your own fault.

And beyond all of that, why doesn't brown paper work? Does brisket taste better out of peach colored paper? It's BBQ, not a fashion show.

Fwiw, I've used websturaunt a lot. Great prices, quick service, always got exactly what was shown. I hope this doesn't scare anyone off of them. They are a great resource.

Have you received it already? I ordered the same product and it sorta looks peach colored to my eyes. No filters on the photos either.

CE0E3F3D-BFFD-466C-A3C4-B61337DDCA54_zpsbtuyeoc4.jpg

BDB788F8-45E9-40CB-8E39-C28705196B72_zpsjb84qvxl.jpg

Back