Cooked a mess of beef and pork this weekend

That was a lot of food! You are a great friend! Hopefully you get paid with a litle fresh meat or your favorite beverage and lots of gratification.

When he asked me, I had to decline because I didn't have any cooker that could handle that much food. A couple hours later I saw a brethren post up this Shirley Fabrication trailer that needed some rehab lovin'. It all worked out and I was able to snag it from him and get it restored to its former glory, so I was able to do it after all. I kinda thank him for giving me the excuse to take on that project. :becky:

That's very impressive that you were able to manage all of that meat and finish them all perfectly.
You have skills!
JD

I cut my teeth on something like this several years ago when my brother got married and we did the meat for his wedding on my old Shirley. That was a slightly larger cook at 8-9 briskets and around 12 butts I think, so in this instance I at least knew what I was in for.

Cooking the food is the easy part - procuring, prepping, safely storing, processing, and safely storing again is no small task either.

Last edited:
Back