THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wanted to post another picture to kick start this thread, hope y'all don't mind:becky:
004_zpse84caecb.jpg

005_zps1e3139c5.jpg

My 1990 One Touch Plus converted to a Master touch.

Included a nice tall chimney and bag of mesquite charcoal.

Not bad for $30.00

DSCN1270_zps62525bc4.jpg

DSCN1266_zps9f416f54.jpg

DSCN1273_zps9f982561.jpg

I just got my very first redhead Tuesday.
It's an '86 (H) OTS with condition issues, but I'll slowly restore it when I have time.
It sat outside, uncovered, for 10 years or more. Two of the wood handles rotted right off and the third needs to be replaced. (Luckily I know where to get accurate reproduction wood handles!) I haven't played with the one-touch system yet so I don't know how bad it is. There are chips and dings, and it needs new wheels, but hey, I saved it.

Best part? It was free. A local Sheriff's deputy got it for me from one of his neighbors.
Pics to follow.
Someday.

I'd like to renew my membership

I actually prefer the newer plastic table performer - I wonder if I can do a switcheroo with my black performer

I guess I can join too!
This is a 1986 OTS that a buddy salvaged for free.
New leg kit, ash sweeper, and Maple handles completed the resto.
I think the chips give it character.

I just ordered a Crimson Kettle. So does that qualify me to be a "Red Head" owner now? :becky:
Here's a pic from the website

Attachments

Is a Crimson Red? I used to have a Crimson but no more. It has a matte finish, Coppers have a little more gloss. The new taco handles look like crap.........and Crimson looks not nearly as good to my eye as any of the 5 Reds I have. Same as Brick Red, Maroon or Plum Kettles.....nice colors sure but not Red. Weber doesn't make Reds anymore, Craigslist does.

Here was my Crimson beside a late 60's Red 26er:

1z3cnid.jpg

That 26er lives in my man room.

Last edited:
Back