THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got a shipped notification also. This is the tracking number I received: 9374889691090002041677. When I googled that number it is a tracking number for a package that was delivered yesterday in New Jersey lol. My refund email should be arriving shortly.

No big deal, not going to get upset over something I had no intention of buying 24 hours ago.

And I have Prime also fwiw.

What we have here is the newest scourge of the internet. If you need an item and head on over to eBay and make your purchase from Bills' "we sell it all store" and three days later a box from Amazon shows up at your door!
Bills store is AMAZON itself, Bill has Amazon prime and lists items for sale at his "store" but just throws a couple bucks on to the Amazon price and is shipped for free through prime.
Bill has no store, he has no inventory, he pays no shipping simply hides behind the pretense. The first time this happened I lodged a complaint with eBay, they don't really care they got their money. Amazon doesn't really care the got their money.
So who gets hosed? The customer who thinks he got a reasonable priced item from a buyer that invested their time and money in a mom & pop type business. As opposed to some dink sitting at his computer relisting someone elses product and just upping the price.
Ed

Amazes me how people come up with these ways to game the system.

What we have here is the newest scourge of the internet. If you need an item and head on over to eBay and make your purchase from Bills' "we sell it all store" and three days later a box from Amazon shows up at your door!
Bills store is AMAZON itself, Bill has Amazon prime and lists items for sale at his "store" but just throws a couple bucks on to the Amazon price and is shipped for free through prime.
Bill has no store, he has no inventory, he pays no shipping simply hides behind the pretense. The first time this happened I lodged a complaint with eBay, they don't really care they got their money. Amazon doesn't really care the got their money.
So who gets hosed? The customer who thinks he got a reasonable priced item from a buyer that invested their time and money in a mom & pop type business. As opposed to some dink sitting at his computer relisting someone elses product and just upping the price.
Ed

This wasn't for sale on ebay. It was listed through Amazon.

Ed

This wasn't for sale on ebay. It was listed through Amazon.

It's a seller's fault that you paid more for an item from Ebay when you could have gotten it cheaper directly from Amazon ?

Certainly looks like I've donated $9.50 to someone. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Whatever. SeanBBQ and I have different cities of origin on our tracking info and mine has the wrong destination anyway. Then looking at the sellers reviews I saw a review about fake tracking numbers. I believe that it is the nature of gambling that losing is the rule not the exception. :roll:

I just checked and I haven't been issued a refund either. :becky: Worst case scenario I'm out of $19.

I just checked and I haven't been issued a refund either. :becky: Worst case scenario I'm out of $19.

You won't be out anything in the end other than some time. If refund isn't issued, contact Amazon customer service. Purchase is covered under Amazon's A to Z Guarantee

A-to-z Guarantee
Place your merchant order through the Amazon.com Shopping Cart and your purchase is protected by the A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee. Amazon.com automatically transfers your payment to the merchant so you'll never need to pay a merchant directly. Our A-to-z Safe Buying Guarantee covers both the delivery of your item and its condition upon receipt"

I am so tempted, but the wife would probably kill me...

HEB here in Temple has the Imusa tamale steamer pots. That's what I used when I made my mini several years ago. I've read that the Imusa pots have changed; so be sure you get one that fits. HEB is generally pretty good about returns, IME.

Folks. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer but be on the guard for identity theft.

Im not saying i hope this is so but wouldn't that be poetic justice. A bunch of people who tried to get over on an obvious mistake were actually scammed by some cyber duche.

I would hope/assume your personal info is protected by buying from amazon

I too havent been charged yet but Amazon says I will see it back if I do get charged. Also, someone in TX is getting a lot of grills today. Mine (or eh, the one I thought i was getting) is being delivered to TX. I am not in TX so I guess I wont be getting one.

Thats fine because my other order from Humphrey's comes in today!!! Just some swag for the Pint.

Back