THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am pretty sure that usually depends on when you find the mistake doesn't it ? If you find out right after the contract is awarded to you, but before you do any work at all, does that change things ?

I'm a contractor and would not change up at that point, but the people I work for would know if I made that big of a mistake

Am pretty sure that usually depends on when you find the mistake doesn't it ? If you find out right after the contract is awarded to you, but before you do any work at all, does that change things ?

Not sure about other states, but in Ohio, you can only back out for a clerical mistake for 48 hours after the bid, which is usually way before you are awarded the contract. Errors in judgement are not a reason to back out and that is where a lot of mistakes happen.

My assumption is definitely to good to be true. That being said I still haven't received a refund or cancellation. To top off matters Amazon sent a tracking number and Fedex shows it as received and then moved on to the next stop. The only odd part (apart from the ridiculous price) is that they have Farmington, MI as the final destination not KC. Alas, my child-like naive optimism persists... for now anyway.

I wonder if the seller honored a few and canceled the rest? He might have been willing to eat a few hundred but maybe not all of it.

Yeah, I really wonder how some got through and some didn't. Mine now says the following:

Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier()

Maybe it is because I am on Amazon Prime? Anyone else?

I'm prime and got cancelled. I send an email to the seller asking about the situation and have yet to receive a response. If you're gonna cancel all these order atleast respond to inquiries. To me this is another snake in the Amazon weeds. They deserve negative feedback. Funny how many construction guys feel the same way. I'm a project manager for a large commercial construction company and basically manage 1/5 of the companies pocket book and I'd never imagine being able to pull away for something if we noticed a error on our part post bid. You just man up and deal with the bust and try to make the best of the situation. If I continue to be ignored negative feedback will be submitted.

Here's what mine says: So it seems it is still on its way. I am happy to re-refund the seller the $9.50 to keep the grill.

Travel History Hide Help
Date/Time
Activity Location
2/25/2016 - Thursday
3:03 am Departed FedEx location KENNESAW, GA
12:27 am Arrived at FedEx location KENNESAW, GA
2/24/2016 - Wednesday
8:53 pm Picked up KENNESAW, GA
2:35 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

Noticed it says expected delivery by COB tomorrow (Friday 2/26) I am on Prime but this wasnt Prime available so who knows.

Last edited:
What we have here is the newest scourge of the internet. If you need an item and head on over to eBay and make your purchase from Bills' "we sell it all store" and three days later a box from Amazon shows up at your door!
Bills store is AMAZON itself, Bill has Amazon prime and lists items for sale at his "store" but just throws a couple bucks on to the Amazon price and is shipped for free through prime.
Bill has no store, he has no inventory, he pays no shipping simply hides behind the pretense. The first time this happened I lodged a complaint with eBay, they don't really care they got their money. Amazon doesn't really care the got their money.
So who gets hosed? The customer who thinks he got a reasonable priced item from a buyer that invested their time and money in a mom & pop type business. As opposed to some dink sitting at his computer relisting someone elses product and just upping the price.
Ed

I ordered two - cancelled.

This is my go to grill - camping, boat trips to the sandbar or island, quick home cooking - and even slow smoking small batches of chicken or sausage... I love my Smokey!

Back