Vertical smoker build in progress

I love seeing these builds, but know I have no chance of making anything like it.

Been at it all day. Had a few set backs (due to rushing), and I'm too tired to post a bunch of pics and an update. So, I'll post a teaser...

Wow! I have to say, that is looking like it could be really nice. I never learned how to weld, something I wouldn't mind taking some class to learn from a skilled teacher...

I mean, when you think about it, knowing how to do that can really open up a lot of things, especially in BBQ :D

Keep the posts coming, I know I am watching.

Update...

I got the sides welded on and then realized that the back wasn't flush with the bottom. So, I cut it out, ground the welds down and rewelded it. Then, I put in the piece that will be above the door.

Trimmed out around the top of the fire box and left the sides long enough to weld a handle in.

Got the wheels on, put the smoker cabinet on, did a few measurements, and realized that I had another problem to fix. Originally, the owner wanted five inch steel wheels, but I talked him into rubber wheels. The problem is, they're five inches taller. Overall height of the smoker would have been85 inches and my garage door is 83 inches. So, I took it apart, cut out a section of the frame, and put it back together.

Then, I moved onto the grill...

Spot welded the hood...

Welded and ground it all down to make it pretty...

And framed out the front.

Hopefully, tomorrow I can get the grill completed and move back to the smoker.

So this is a Bandera Style offset with insulated cook box or 2 Seperate things on one cart- a grill next to an insulated cabinet smoker. :loco:

You could call it Earl 2.0, but it already has a name. The owner has christened it the viper pit. Why? Hopefully, by the end of the week, I can show you. I will say this, water jets are awesome! Stay tuned...

Back