THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been at it all day. Had a few set backs (due to rushing), and I'm too tired to post a bunch of pics and an update. So, I'll post a teaser...

Wow! I have to say, that is looking like it could be really nice. I never learned how to weld, something I wouldn't mind taking some class to learn from a skilled teacher...

I mean, when you think about it, knowing how to do that can really open up a lot of things, especially in BBQ :D

Keep the posts coming, I know I am watching.

Update...

I got the sides welded on and then realized that the back wasn't flush with the bottom. So, I cut it out, ground the welds down and rewelded it. Then, I put in the piece that will be above the door.

Trimmed out around the top of the fire box and left the sides long enough to weld a handle in.

Got the wheels on, put the smoker cabinet on, did a few measurements, and realized that I had another problem to fix. Originally, the owner wanted five inch steel wheels, but I talked him into rubber wheels. The problem is, they're five inches taller. Overall height of the smoker would have been85 inches and my garage door is 83 inches. So, I took it apart, cut out a section of the frame, and put it back together.

Then, I moved onto the grill...

Spot welded the hood...

Welded and ground it all down to make it pretty...

And framed out the front.

Hopefully, tomorrow I can get the grill completed and move back to the smoker.

So this is a Bandera Style offset with insulated cook box or 2 Seperate things on one cart- a grill next to an insulated cabinet smoker. :loco:

You could call it Earl 2.0, but it already has a name. The owner has christened it the viper pit. Why? Hopefully, by the end of the week, I can show you. I will say this, water jets are awesome! Stay tuned...

Back