Venison Grillades and Cheesy Grits (Thank you Armor)

That just looks flat out amazing. I will be at the ranch all weekend with rifle in hand. I hope to come back with a couple ice chests full of that stuff... GREAT JOB!

Just perfect Jeanie! That looks to be an extremely satisfying meal and expertly prepared. A plate of that, a couch, a book, a blanket, a nap - my idea of a great time!

Thank you Hankdad, Bly and Adams! :-D

First cook I've seen you do in a while that didn't involve a tractor rim, although it looks like you could have easily done it there too.

Looks delicious, just added another pound, thanks alot:wink:.

KC
KC thanks! I still have some tractor rim cook pics...didn't want to burn eveyone out on them. :laugh:

I love you!
lol Thank you ssv, love you too! :hug:

That's some mighty fine home cookin' Jeannie.

What did you add to make cheesy grits?

Thank you! I added 1 cup of the grits to 3 cups of salted boiling water, then stirred in 1 cup of half and half, stirred until thickened then added a mix of american and provolone. American cheese is my favorite...nice and mild but reminds me of comfort food my mom used to make. :-D

Thank you Jim, Peeps and Blue!! :)

Excellent cook cowgirl! Armor generously sent me some Amherst Mill grits also.(Thanks again Mike!). I think I ate half the pot checking for doneness during the first cook, they are so flavorful!!

That's great Mike! Armor is so kind!
I did the same thing... tasted them so many times, the are delicious! :-D

Thanks so much Decoy, Phu and Matt! :)

Speechless...!!!!nothing i can say would be good enough..... Killer meal Jen....wish i had a plateful now while sitting at my desk at the refinery.... Guess i am going to have to settle for some boudin.... One of my customers from Louisiana brought me 70#s from Jerry Lees ...... So good.... But would rather been looking at a plate of yours.....:)
Thank you Paul! Your boudin sounds wonderful, I bet it tastes amazing! Hope you're having a good day and not working too hard. I don't think you know how to not work hard. :becky: Thanks again... :)

I've eaten grits and grilleades at restuarents that didnt look as good as those!!! Fantastic job, Ms Jeanie!!!

Thank you G! Your Pookie G seasoning sent this over the top! Love that stuff!! Let me know when you get a web site or address to sell the stuff. Thanks again!

Ray I hope you get to try them soon. They are both tasty. :)
Thank you Shenco, Chingador and Brian!

That just looks flat out amazing. I will be at the ranch all weekend with rifle in hand. I hope to come back with a couple ice chests full of that stuff... GREAT JOB!
Good luck with the hunt Mrtodd! I've been keeping an eye out here too. Usually see them around the house. I have deer fever so bad this year. lol

Thanks Gary, legendaryhog and MisterChrister! I'd share if you all lived closer. :-D

Just perfect Jeanie! That looks to be an extremely satisfying meal and expertly prepared. A plate of that, a couch, a book, a blanket, a nap - my idea of a great time!

lol Greg that's what I do. I curl up on the couch with my favorite pillow and blanket. :mrgreen: Thanks friend! :hug:

Grimm...thanks so much!!

OH you bad girl:tongue: you know how to hurt a feller! Lizzy Dawg jumped a 6 point yesterday morning when we went out for morning chores 30 feet off the porch unfortunately I was well armed with a coffeecup. :cry:

Back