THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Went camping this week.. I like to make shrimp and grits on the fire but decided to cook up some of the whitetail venison from rifle season.

Some of the cubed meat...

VSaE9ry.jpg

loNVSRa.jpg

Getting the fire going in the tractor rim...

N2vEPLA.jpg

used my regular shrimp and grit recipe.. peppers, scallions, garlic and conecuh..

8LIuo87.jpg

jGLX3B3.jpg

Started heating water in my grit pot..

WP4fgAg.jpg

Seasoned and floured my venison ...

7FlHEfe.jpg

cmPI80D.jpg

Fried the venison cubes while the grits did their thing...

cpA2ojk.jpg

started the conecuh... I like to get some color on the sausage before adding to the veggies..

Su3y0IA.jpg

8ENHc7H.jpg

added the peppers, onions and garlic to the sausage...while the venison kept warm on the side...

vS526NC.jpg

vclpFz8.jpg

added the milk and cheese to the grits and let them hang out on the low heat end of the fire..

xDdcITB.jpg

aDS9Xs1.jpg

made my sauce... flour, beef stock and seasonings..

5rUy2df.jpg

U3XUZrf.jpg

Kept the venison separate, I wanted it to be crisp on the outside and pink in the center...
These were addicting. Like popcorn!

ejAi8Rb.jpg

Breakfast was ready..

lVsMa62.jpg

I topped my cheesy grits with the conecuh and sauce, then added a few fried venison tips, crisp bacon and called er good.

D67rdjw.jpg

I love shrimp and grits but this was pretty danged nice for a change. Will make it again.

4aGjQGF.jpg

lkQllo2.jpg

It was a nice week of camping. Hope to go back soon!

Thanks for looking!

Super jealous!

My cousin doesn't hunt deer as much as I like to eat it, so I don't get to eat it too often.

You could not beat that with a Bois'd Arc limb.We call them BoDocks down here in the Sip.Awesome looking meal,Miss Jeanie.:clap2:

Each part of that looks fantastic, and all together that has to be a really great meal!

I just checked out yer blog and see that you put heavy cream in the grits - I have yet to try that, but will be doing that soon for sure. Nicely done all around, Jeanie!

You have this knack of making food that is ALWAYS amazing looking AND in a setting that is amazingly heavenly! cheers to you and as always keep the inspiration coming! Love your cooks!

Back