somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
So I decided on MSU and here's how it went

Two birds

WbTcVi0h.jpg

Made a savory rub with SPOG, chili powder, paprika, cumin, shawarma seasoning...

y8uwdVqh.jpg

Roasted some peppers first

XFg9XTsh.jpg

Chicken went on after

V1tA3QZh.jpg

I did cook to about 175 in the breasts and 200 in the thighs to replicate roti style chix. Trust me, still plenty of moisture left at those temps

FLirDNDh.jpg

Quarters and wings for snacking

vuKj30zh.jpg

Prdm5Jjh.jpg

Started with homemade flatbread

qYRpY4Xh.jpg

Mostly white meat with a little bit of dark meat and crispy skin

v2vw4STh.jpg

Added roasted Anaheims, shredded cheese and garlic sauce I whipped up. For my L.A. brethren I replicated the Zankou Chicken garlic sauce but thinned it out :nod:

rna99noh.jpg

iDYu7qIh.jpg

Pressed :mrgreen:

hVFyHf9h.jpg

Cut quesadilla style

qtX5STzh.jpg

And served. They went fast

W0DMbI1h.jpg

Super simple, fast and delicious. Thanks for looking!

Way to go with the ol beer can method. I haven't done them in years not I need to. Looks absolutely delicious.

Those air chilled chickens from Costco are really good, my new fav. I like what you did with em :thumb:

Thanks Suds!

I have to agree 100%. I don't buy nothing else now. It used to only be available at the business centers but now available most everywhere.

Looks so good. Gonna have to seek out those birds next time at Costco.

Totall agree on you finish temps..I actually think they are more tender at that temp.

Looks so good. Gonna have to seek out those birds next time at Costco.

Totall agree on you finish temps..I actually think they are more tender at that temp.

Thanks!!

Most definitely! I shoot for 185+ at the thighs then pull.

Chix quesadlila type thingee with Zankou flair? I'm in! :hungry:

I've been a 165 guy for a very long time, but I know full well that Zankou chix are taken to a much higher temp & I've been toying with giving that a shot - those little farkers just come apart so nice. You can tell with the wings just come off. So good!

Very nicely done as always, Sako!

Back