Ribs, sausage, and some chicken on the Primo Oval XL

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I haven't done much grilling or barbecue lately, but today I aimed to change that and at least multitask while tending to other business. I came into a bunch of Prairie Fresh Prime pork recently and haven't cooked any of it yet.

I pulled a couple slabs out of the freezer and went to town...one was oddly shaped so it went straight to St Louis style "competition" trim, the other got some minor touch ups but largely remained full spare ribs.

This pork is "le creme de la creme" as far as commodity pork goes, IMO...look how red it is.

Trimmed up a bit

On the left is a MSU rub I did featuring ancho chiles, more of a savory note, but some sweetness to balance out. On the right was Oakridge BBQ Dominator....still have a nice stash of that :becky:

My dirty neglected Primo doing its thing....Flameboss was the insurance policy to my multitasking endeavor today.

A few minutes before wrapping in foil

Fast forward, ribs are done, post-wrap....STL trim on the right got some "Meat Mitch Whomp" sauce, full spares got just their own delicious juices.

A friend picked up some Krizman's sausage from Kansas City, KS for me - they supply a number of well known KC BBQ joints for their sausage, apparently.

Time to eat - the full spares were juuuuust slightly "overcooked" in that they were nearly fall off the bone, but they were so tender and juicy, I didn't care. The sausage was tasty too....I like mine better though :becky:

I dry brined this chicken in Albukirky Green Chile seasoning yesterday and went ahead and threw it on the grill to use the residual heat.

It was a beautiful day today, I'm glad I got to do a little bit of meat cooking with fire :thumb:

Back