Thoughts on reheating/warming breakfast foods?

TravelingJ

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Justin
Not something I'm familiar with, but I've been asked to help a niece with her daughters birthday party. She wants to do biscuits and waffles, and let people have all sorts of jams etc to top them with. She's handling toppings and an egg casserole or something.

I've been asked to help with the biscuits, waffles, and bacon. I have plans in place for preparation on those, but didn't know if there were ideas to reheat things cooked in advance? Or best way to keep them warm and not lose texture too much. I will have access to a small kitchen with a regular stove/oven. I could take roasters and chaffing dishes if possible.

I know I can do waffles and keep them crispy in a warmed oven, but then I can't use the oven for reheating/cooking bacon. I feel like the roaster would make things soggy? Same with a chaffing dish.

Potentially cook the bacon the night before, and just use the oven to reheat it, then drop down to hold the waffles?

Open to any suggestions! I always eat the breakfast right after I cook it. I haven't been impressed with what I've seen 'held' at hotels... so a bit cautious here.

Depending on how many folks, could you toast the waffles slightly before serving each plate? That might crisp them back up. Instead of toaster, perhaps an air fryer or both.

Just thoughts off the top of my head.

Back