THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I couldn't agree more. I believe Ross did a lot of work on my cooker. Just wanted to give him his recognition since everyone forgets about him.

Ross did a great job then! I saw some pictures on FB of Tyler and Ross working together. Always nice to see family working well together. Such a talented family!

Ross did a great job then! I saw some pictures on FB of Tyler and Ross working together. Always nice to see family working well together. Such a talented family!

That was my cooker in the picture. Was hoping to meet him too but at his age I am sure there was a pretty girl that was way more important than talking to some old guy picking up a smoker or maybe 9am was just way to early.:wink: I know my kid doesn't wake up before noon during the summer.

pj, that is one sweet lookin rig, congrats. Can you take a snap shot or describe how the reverse flow works on that with the flat end? Does the shield just stop short? You done a biscuit test with it?

pj, that is one sweet lookin rig, congrats. Can you take a snap shot or describe how the reverse flow works on that with the flat end? Does the shield just stop short? You done a biscuit test with it?

All the Shirleys have the flat end unless you ask Paul to build one out of a propane tank. The reverse flow plate stops about 10" short so the smoke/heat have room to flow. Biscuit test came out about as close to perfect as can be expected. Once it came up to temp for a little while the temps were within 5 degrees all the way around. At first the temps were 15-20 degrees off but that resolved itself after the doors were closed for an hour. The Tel-Trus in the door are nearly dead on with each other but read 20 degrees lower than the Maverick probes at the grate level. I was very impressed with the biscuit test since having 4 racks was worrying me a little. I thought I might have hot and cold spots but I didn't. Didn't take any pics of the test because it was raining so hard that I would have ruined any phone or camera even under my big umbrella.

If anyone has any other questions just ask! I am more than willing to help. Heck, even have bsooner75 coming all the way from the DFW are tomorrow to look it over.

Once it came up to temp for a little while the temps were within 5 degrees all the way around. At first the temps were 15-20 degrees off but that resolved itself after the doors were closed for an hour. The Tel-Trus in the door are nearly dead on with each other but read 20 degrees lower than the Maverick probes at the grate level. I was very impressed with the biscuit test since having 4 racks was worrying me a little. I thought I might have hot and cold spots but I didn't.

I am impressed, thanks for the response. I thought the same thing about that low grate right side. Looks to be one bad-a cooker. Looking forward to the pron

Sick looking Shirley PJ! Glad your wait is over! Welcome to the family.

Thanks! Yours is still one of the best looking ones I have seen. I thought about a red or burnt orange trailer but just couldn't decide. Probably best in black since getting it dirty would drive me crazy.

I can tell y'all first hand. PJ got himself one heck of a cooker!

Thanks again for the hospitality!

Was a pleasure meeting you and showing it off. Hope you got all your questioned answered. Sucks that you had to drive 2-3 hours though.

Back