Sushi! (pr0n)

For those with children or grandchidlren, making the most basic rolled
Maki at home would be a healthy bonding experience.
You just need the Nori sheets (seaweed) and the Sushi rice,
and carrot and other vegetable fillers.
It's pretty easy, and fun.

Our family bonding experience...
buffet2_zpsb118c91c.jpg

Coming soon to a house near me

Yes dads we all know your concerns for food safety. Personally i take risk far greater than eating questionable food. With proper precautions i dont see much risk. Just remember driving in a car is the single most dangerous thing most of us do on a daily basis. What i do for a living is only slightly safer than commercial fishing and lumber jacks so my perspective is slightly skewed.

The incidence of eating raw fish and getting a parasite is very low, assuming the person who is procuring and preparing the fish understands the risks and nature of each fish they are serving. In my family, salmon and bonito were never served raw, the same was true of mackerel. All were either pickled, frozen or prepared over fire in such a manner as to control any potential parasites.

In Japan, some fish are not considered as sashimi, simply because they are known to harbor parasites. Knowledge matters. We rarely eat sashimi or sushi in the states. Now, to tapeworms, you are not going to get them from eating marine fish, but, do not eat freshwater fish raw, as they are more likely to transmit tapeworms and other parasites. Simple precautions.

I don't like fish, so I am safe.

Hey Bucco.

If you want the oil there was a little Asian shop up in Joondalup that had a whole darned range of oils in their wares. It was right across the way from the flash Chinese restaurant on Davidson Terrace (from memory)

Muzza back in N.Z.
Goodonya Muzza, thanks!
looks great buccs

Look fantastic Buccs!

Very well done!! Those look fan-farkin-tastic!!! I would love a helping of every such!!

Nice skills

Domo Arigato Friends, and welcome back tish! :love:

The incidence of eating raw fish and getting a parasite is very low, assuming the person who is procuring and preparing the fish understands the risks and nature of each fish they are serving. In my family, salmon and bonito were never served raw, the same was true of mackerel. All were either pickled, frozen or prepared over fire in such a manner as to control any potential parasites.

In Japan, some fish are not considered as sashimi, simply because they are known to harbor parasites. Knowledge matters. We rarely eat sashimi or sushi in the states. Now, to tapeworms, you are not going to get them from eating marine fish, but, do not eat freshwater fish raw, as they are more likely to transmit tapeworms and other parasites. Simple precautions.

I don't like fish, so I am safe.
I am aware about the low risk, it's just that I cannot eat it. The same way other people can't eat rare meat. My loss.

Yes dads we all know your concerns for food safety. Personally i take risk far greater than eating questionable food. With proper precautions i dont see much risk. Just remember driving in a car is the single most dangerous thing most of us do on a daily basis. What i do for a living is only slightly safer than commercial fishing and lumber jacks so my perspective is slightly skewed.

What do you do? I'm just curious.

Don't pay any to landarc, he is such a show off...he can't eat it either!:wink:

:laugh:
On top of having taken Parasitology, I actually knew a collage professor who taught overseas who found out, when he was being treated for an unrelated condition, that he had a tapeworm. This was all before sushi was commonly eaten in the U.S.
Sushi using cooked fish is a different story. That I'd eat with no problem.
The two closest Kroger grocery stores to me both sell sushi from a booth.

If it has been properly stored, kept cold, I will eat it. If it's sat around at room temperature, no. I've only had it a few times.

Well, if you wanted you could make some sushi with it so you feel confident.
I agree , that there is no pleasure eating something if it is going to cause you anxiety.
No fun in that.

Back