THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One of our local grocery chains used to do that before the Rona, not sure if they still do or not. Regular price was $3.33/lb. they would have a buy 1 get 2 free sale. But price was jacked up to $9.99/lb.

Yep. I just bit the bullet at Publix. Have been passing them up for a while. It hurts but I'm craving them. For some reason the frozen ones do not turn out the way I like.

ON sale here

Just saw this in today's circular....I may do a few racks to take out to Mardi Gras parades.

Where do ya'll live where they are that $$$?

Attachments

Yep. I just bit the bullet at Publix. Have been passing them up for a while. It hurts but I'm craving them. For some reason the frozen ones do not turn out the way I like.

Then you're thawing them wrong because I garontee the thawed/fresh one's you buy from the store are frozen when they arrive at the store.:tape:

Then you're thawing them wrong because I garontee the thawed/fresh one's you buy from the store are frozen when they arrive at the store.:tape:

I don't think that's always true. I've seen them labeled as either "previously frozen" or "fresh never frozen".

Yep. Always buy them on sale and freeze them. Sprouts has baby backs for $2.99/lb this week.

Says "All natural Pork Baby Back Ribs No Antibiotics Ever. Pork raised with no added hormones or steroids. Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients. Product of the USA."

Yep. Always buy them on sale and freeze them. Sprouts has baby backs for $2.99/lb this week.

Says "All natural Pork Baby Back Ribs No Antibiotics Ever. Pork raised with no added hormones or steroids. Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients. Product of the USA."

$3.99 # in my sprouts ad.

I'll check out Sprouts here though I seldom go there because they are traditionally more expensive than Publix.

Where I am in Florida, Publix is ALWAYS the most expensive place to shop for most everything, so I'm not there often. Last time I looked at the price of Ribs, I think if was over $6 per #. No thanks.

$3-$4 here as well. Got them for $2.60/lb average for the past year and half until Cali prop 12 took effect which drove up pork prices. :mad:

Just got back from my Sprouts and they were St. Louis cut spares but labeled baby backs.
Most were around 3.5 lbs.

Still a pretty good deal in my book so I bought some.

My FIL was a meat cutter for 30+ years and he told me this about the chicken too. Definitely was frozen and the meat is kept in their department's freezer.

$5/lb at safeway....I dunno, everything's expensive...

I don't think that's always true. I've seen them labeled as either "previously frozen" or "fresh never frozen".

There's some wordplay on a lot of the food these days - this blurb is about chicken but I'm sure it applies to other meats as well....

The term fresh on a poultry label refers to any raw poultry product that has never been held below 26°F. Raw poultry held at 0°F or below must be labeled frozen or previously frozen. No specific labeling is required on raw poultry stored at temperatures between 0 and 25°F.

freezer at 0, fridge at 37. never tried 25. is there enough natural salt? sugar? other stuff that inhibits freezing to keep chicken unfrozen at 25° ?

Back