Huge Cook this Weekend - Pron

hurricanedavid

is one Smokin' Farker
One of my employees wanted my BBQ ribs for their birthday luncheon tomorrow, so ribs it will be. The cook will be for around 30 employees and I alway make enough for them to take some home for dinner.

The menu included 9 racks of BB ribs, two 8 lb pork butts for pulled pork, one 14 lb packer brisket for those who don’t like pork. I also made a 2x batch of Wampus beans, always a crowd favorite. The Carolina mustard sauce for the pulled pork and red sauce for ribs were made from scratch.

The butts and brisket were cooked over night at 235F with hickory for smoke using Butt Rub and Montreal Steak seasoning accordingly. The ribs were cooked at 225F with hickory for smoke using Killer Hogs hot rub and hot chili powder.

Everything turned out well and following are a few pictures for viewing. My final thoughts is that it’s been a while since I’ve been to the grocery store to buy ribs, brisket, and butts and was really amazed how expensive these items have gotten. Thanks for checking it out.

Last edited:
Awesome cook, David. I see a bottle of Rendezvous seasoning on the table. I love that stuff on ribs.

Great observation! I forgot to mention I was using Rendezvous seasoning on the bone side of the ribs, Killer Hogs/chili powder on the meat side.:thumb:

Nice! You must have had all 3 of your cookers loaded up for all that meat!

Good job making enough for them to take some home, nice touch as long as they don't fight over it!

I remember back in the day when I worked for corp. America in a 25-30 person office, every luncheon that had leftovers if you didn't get down to the break room fridge at least an hour before quitting time......you're screwed. Leftovers mysteriously had left the building.

Back