Direct Heat Meatloaf

Please share. I'm always looking for different side dishes to add to table.

Thanks,

Robert

I said recipe but it's like most things I cook, more of an Adams MSU dish.

Use an appropriate amount of canned corn for the number being fed, or frozen thawed corn, drained. Enough meltable cheese to get the desired consistency. Usually winds up being Velveeta, along with a little cream cheese.
Then add a can of Rotel, drained. Reserve the liquid in case you want to thin the dish later. If your audience is large enough use more Rotel.
If it suits your fancy add some more diced green chiles, chipotles, etc. Season to taste.
Cook til nicely hot and bubbly in a microwave, BBQ pit, or oven. Just keep it off the stove top as burns easily. It needs to warm up gently.

The original recipe was corn, cream cheese, and dice green chiles.

I said recipe but it's like most things I cook, more of an Adams MSU dish.

Use an appropriate amount of canned corn for the number being fed, or frozen thawed corn, drained. Enough meltable cheese to get the desired consistency. Usually winds up being Velveeta, along with a little cream cheese.
Then add a can of Rotel, drained. Reserve the liquid in case you want to thin the dish later. If your audience is large enough use more Rotel.
If it suits your fancy add some more diced green chiles, chipotles, etc. Season to taste.
Cook til nicely hot and bubbly in a microwave, BBQ pit, or oven. Just keep it off the stove top as burns easily. It needs to warm up gently.

The original recipe was corn, cream cheese, and dice green chiles.
Thanks Joe. My wife makes a version of the original version in a skillet that includes a pinch of cayenne, but she will not, I mean absolutely will not consider any variation even though I tell her it needs some cumin or something to help jazz it up. While a good dish, it definitely would benefit from some MSU. She only makes it for thanksgiving and Christmas.

Robert

Looks delicious. Being from the PNW, hominy isn't really a thing up here, it looks good though. Does it taste like grits or polenta?

Back