Some Paella

I love paella and have had it many times, including in Spain, as well as making it myself numerous times. I think that is the nicest looking presentation I have ever seen of a paella period. Of course I wouldn't expect anything less from you, simply awesome!

Thanks Greg!! I hope to make this again in the near future. Is it legal to make it without seafood? I don't know much about paella rules. lol Just thinkin' maybe your Mrs could try it without.
Thanks again! :hug:

My lovely wife and I have had paella without seafood and it was fantastic. It was at a really good Catalan style restaurant here. The place is run by a native Catalonian (a part of Spain) so if non-seafood paella is OK with him, it's OK with me!

I think paella is a little like BBQ or carne asada or Philly cheese steaks, where people like the version from their area the best. When we were in Spain a couple years back I was asking about where to get good paella in Cadaques. The woman at the hotel desk, who was from Valencia, said "you can get a very nice seafood and rice dish here, but it isn't paella." :laugh: I'm sure you get the picture.

Hmmm you eat octopus? Whole? I haven't done seafood except various types of fish. How the heck do ya eat whole baby octopus?

P.S. Don't know anything about eating octopus/squid or other seafood like that! I hope its edible, If not I would never put it in a dish lol

Looks real good tho! This seems like a Meal I would try if someone fixed it for me. Don't think I would have the skills to make it myself and get it right.

Very nice cook Jeanie!

I have to ask though where you were able to find such great seafood?

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

That's a work of art Jeanie. Absolutely perfect execution and fascinating pics. :thumb:
Thank you for introducing me to the world of paella. I wouldn't have made it if it weren't for your post. I owe you again Sako! :-D:hug:

OMG! Never had paella but your dish looks amazing. :thumb::thumb: I really like the fact you left the shells on the crab and mussels. Great way to take your time eating and enjoying the masterpiece! :biggrin:
Thanks so much Neil, good to see ya!

Inspiring cook! Yes it is illegal to make with out seafood!
Thank you SD! I love seafood, will probably keep making a version of this. :-D

and all the boys began to cry when you came outside to play

Damn girl, you can kick the can a long way ;-))

lol Reminded me of my childhood... trying so hard to keep up with my big brothers. I was the runt of the litter. Thanks for the laugh Adams! :laugh:

I love paella and have had it many times, including in Spain, as well as making it myself numerous times. I think that is the nicest looking presentation I have ever seen of a paella period. Of course I wouldn't expect anything less from you, simply awesome!

Very kind of you, thank you! :-D

My lovely wife and I have had paella without seafood and it was fantastic. It was at a really good Catalan style restaurant here. The place is run by a native Catalonian (a part of Spain) so if non-seafood paella is OK with him, it's OK with me!

I think paella is a little like BBQ or carne asada or Philly cheese steaks, where people like the version from their area the best. When we were in Spain a couple years back I was asking about where to get good paella in Cadaques. The woman at the hotel desk, who was from Valencia, said "you can get a very nice seafood and rice dish here, but it isn't paella." :laugh: I'm sure you get the picture.

Great to hear it Greg! I bet the non seafood paella is out of this world good too!! I was thinking paella must be like chili or gumbo...everyone has their favorite version. I'm excited to start exploring the possibilities.
Can't imagine how wonderful the food was in Spain..... :)
Thanks again!!

Hmmm you eat octopus? Whole? I haven't done seafood except various types of fish. How the heck do ya eat whole baby octopus?

P.S. Don't know anything about eating octopus/squid or other seafood like that! I hope its edible, If not I would never put it in a dish lol

Looks real good tho! This seems like a Meal I would try if someone fixed it for me. Don't think I would have the skills to make it myself and get it right.

Thanks Blazinfire! The octopus are easy to clean... I cut the eyes out, clean out the "head", remove the skin, remove the beak from the center of the legs, wash. Then you can cut the head into rings and cut the legs as small as you like. There are some good quick videos online showing how easy it is.

I like the small ones. They are pretty tender!

not the best picture but here they are cleaned, but not cut up..

101_1013_zpsnkdrphzl.jpg

Very nice cook Jeanie!

I have to ask though where you were able to find such great seafood?

Thank you Norm!! I'm really lucky, the seafood section of my grocery store has a wide variety of fresh seafood. They will also special order anything I want. Their seafood shipment comes in three times a week.

Thanks again everyone, you're a kind group of friends. :)

My Gawd! OK, where do you get baby octopi in OK? Also the pic's and food look great. We call that seafood gumbo around here. Just Fantastic Jeanie!

I have always wanted to attempt it but was a little intimidated.Now I am ALOT intimidated!!! That is the prettiest food dish I have ever had the pleasure of viewing.Thanks Cowgirl!

Back