Snadamo Cheeseburger Project

Mission Accomplished

Alright! Timing, family, kids, weather, daylight et al, have all finally agreed with me. I made some new buns on saturday, and I think they turned out better than before. Assembled and tested the deep fryer. Chopped up some Russets and had them soak overnight (this was supposed to happen saturday, but, you know, kids and stuff). Formed and fridged the patties. We had two last minute guests, so we supplemented the fries with ore ida ones (deep fried of course!)

Fryer is all ready to go; did a test run and seems to be working well.
52656938857_6f11282b6d_b.jpg

Fryer in action. This is me par frying them, after soaking in sugar water 18 hours
52657425456_225a9cf1cb_b.jpg

A lot of back and forth on HOW to cook the patties. As you saw in previous photo, I have a big arse Blackstone griddle, but the handle is jacked, and I obviously put the fryer in front. Considering these were thinner 1/4 lb patties, I decided I wanted to griddle and not grill. I recalled when we moved in 6 years ago, previous owner had a griddle plate. So I washed and seasoned her up and bam! Here's a shot with the cheese (homemade, of course :mrgreen: )
52656938897_f8206f0e61_b.jpg

And here is the spread! The following were homemade: Fries (right bowl), Bacon, pickles, buns, cheese (not pictured), patties (not pictured)
52657425471_afb33793d8_b.jpg

And this is my plate. I am not good at fancy food shots, but I think you get the idea.
52657920448_82e5b8e1d0_b.jpg

First bite was AMAZING. Honestly, as good, if not better than a pub burger at your local sports bar. Fries were FANTASTIC! I am going to argue I would put these up against any chain french fries
52657709679_ec74aeee07_b.jpg

It's rare for me to taste everything in one bite. This time, I did, I got all the flavors and textures. It was devoured, and everyone seemed to enjoy it!

Some takeaways:

I would either try to flatten out the buns or just do 1/2 lb patties. I think the bread ratio was a bit much for that size patty, although delicious.

As discussed in Bowhunters thread, I may tweak the cheese recipe a bit. It was damn good, but I think I can improve upon it.

Would I do this all again?!?!?!?.....yeah, probably :cool: It's really not that hard to do, just takes extra time and planning when putting it all together, really. Now I can say I can do all this stuff, and down the road this will come in handy!

Thanks for looking and your interest this whole time brethren!

Nice work. Thanks for the incentive...I've got all the ingredients I need to try the American cheese tonight. Care to share what changes you might make?

Thanks!

Nice work. Thanks for the incentive...I've got all the ingredients I need to try the American cheese tonight. Care to share what changes you might make?

Thanks!

Sure thing! I'd probably add a little more cheese, and use heavy cream if I had it on hand instead of whole milk, but it did the job for sure. Give it more thickness, and change the flavor profile a bit is what I'd say.

I used medium cheddar for this, just a preference. You can use cheeses like Cheddar and Kolby with good results.

Back