Snadamo Cheeseburger Project

These bad boys I made earlier today and they're ready to go in the oven. My middle son helped me out a bit, so that was fun. I used 3 eggs (two for dough, 1 for egg wash), so this is a $180 batch...

Please tell me that there is aa decimal point missing! :shocked:

Adam, that is one impressive task you are taking on and you already have my attention just from making your own cheese. No doubt in my mind that the burger is going to turn out epic!

I think I roughly used 26% liquid and a something like 2% citriate....My math sucks but I think that's the rounded up version

Here was my basic recipe for this one (small batch):

50g Butter
150g Milk
10g Sodium Citrate
350g Cheese (medium cheddar)

Shred all your cheese first
Melt Butter
Mix in Sodium Citrate til dissolved
add milk, mix a bit
gradually add the shredded cheese and mix until smooth
OPTIONAL: I used immersion blender at end to make sure it's all mixed up
Instead of milk, try heavy cream. You can use other cheeses too, either by themselves or in combination with cheddar. My favorite is Tillamook sharp cheddar.

And if you haven't yet, take a 1/4" thick cut and make a grilled cheese sandwich. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the outside of the bread instead of using butter.

Curt.P said:
Instead of milk, try heavy cream. You can use other cheeses too, either by themselves or in combination with cheddar. My favorite is Tillamook sharp cheddar.

And if you haven't yet, take a 1/4" thick cut and make a grilled cheese sandwich. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the outside of the bread instead of using butter.

I wanted to, and next time I will. I thought we had heavy cream on hand, but we didn't.

We did grilled cheese on Monday and they were delicious. Will have to try the mayo thing next time

Last edited:
Looks like my deep fryer is coming Friday. So if all is on schedule, I'll christen it with home made french fries for this project as well!

qgMwAxF.gif

You saved some potatoes from the garden, right!

Ashamed to say my garden project was unsuccessful, so I'll have to get them at the store :cry:

I will have to involve the old man, for he is the gardener in the immediate family.

Question please. When you removed the cheese from the container did it just slide out or did you have to destroy the container getting it out? Trying to decide what type molding container to use. Thanks

Back