Homemade bacon!!!

snadamo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Adam
How can you pass up homemade bacon?!?!?

Equilibrium cure for 7 days, on to the Big Chief w/applewood for smoke, and sliced a day or so later...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMM!

I gotta say, this big chef is awesome for cold or warm smoking meats!
53205745877_d13d08a123_b.jpg

After a ~6 hour smoke, wrapped in saran wrap and in to the fridge
53207009729_96f5dc8fb9_b.jpg

Sliced somewhat thick, thanks to Mrs Snadamo
53207135045_e338ffb1dd_b.jpg

BLTs for Dinner (Dukes Mayo!) absolutely delicious! She included some of the chunks at the end so we can cut up for salad etc...I think they all got eaten though :laugh:
53207138295_f23aa0b851_b.jpg

thanks for looking!

Awesome color. Is that a front loader or top loader Big Chief? If front loader, I assume the racks slide out. Their website pictures do not show them sliding out.

Thanks,

Robert

Reminds me I am out of bacon and need to get a belly curing...thnaks for the post!

Where did you get those bellys...they look way meatier than the ones I have been getting lately.

Reminds me I am out of bacon and need to get a belly curing...thnaks for the post!

Where did you get those bellys...they look way meatier than the ones I have been getting lately.

Glad I can help! We’ve had very good luck with Costco on pork bellies.

Awesome color. Is that a front loader or top loader Big Chief? If front loader, I assume the racks slide out. Their website pictures do not show them sliding out.

Thanks,

Robert

Hey Robert. It’s the front loader. The racks do slide out. However they’re freestanding on some metal tabs. If you’re looking for pics I can provide you some.

Glad I can help! We’ve had very good luck with Costco on pork bellies.

Yep...that is usually my go to...but last one was horrible...I should have taken it back....not sure if they will take them back...but worth a try. I mean it was mostly fat...with a few narrow strips of meat. I will give them a try again.

Thanks!

Awesome bacon, Adam! What temp did you run your smoker?
I use my smokehouse to cold smoke. Looks like yours came out fantastic!

Awesome bacon, Adam! What temp did you run your smoker?
I use my smokehouse to cold smoke. Looks like yours came out fantastic!

Thanks Jeanie! I ran this one at 180/200 for 6 ish hours until internal temps hit 150 or so. I have an Inkbird temp controller to better regulate other smokes, but I’ve found that the “warm” smoke on bacon gives great results.

Have had great results with jerky, sausage and bacon.

Great looking bacon! It's been a couple decades since I've used a big/little chief smoker, back when Luhr Jensen still made them. I need to get one again. Mine somehow got lost in a move at one point. Great little machines for salmon, jerky, bacon, etc. I did a whole turkey in one once but I wouldn't recommend it!

Thanks for the encouragement Adam...picked up a very nice belly today at Costco...in the fridge curing.

Back