THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I haven't made these in ages. Not sure why! They are some of my favorites. :grin:

Smoked some onion rings with low heat and a bit of hickory... for about 20 minutes. Removed, bagged and placed them into the fridge til I needed them.

4X1qIAD.jpg

NKHKZWq.jpg

Made some drum chicken...

4YivEdX.jpg

wQcPqFY.jpg

Made beer batter for the rings...

UppTVli.jpg

I roll the rings in flour before dipping in batter...

7B7DROE.jpg

B4v6Nim.jpg

325nqJE.jpg

rJBgPe2.jpg

LYc7X3s.jpg

my new helper...

RpQrxD5.jpg

NmgticG.jpg

more help...

zGSD8Yb.jpg

S8I6Vmd.jpg

u30fF1U.jpg

DubF8CN.jpg

tsrokZF.jpg

c82jblP.jpg

4mMrwNE.jpg

I went with Whataburger ketchup...

QWksfdz.jpg

JrsOqbI.jpg

I use a fairly mild beer for the batter, it doesn't overpower the smoke flavor from the drum. I smoke them til almost translucent, then chill them til needed. Seems to work out well for me.

Nothing fancy but it took care of my onion ring craving! :grin:

Thanks for looking!

I'm in! Those have to be some of the nicest looking onion rings I've seen. I like the smooth, thick crust, golden in color and goodness in the middle. Thanks, now at 7 am, I need onion rings!

Looks great.

Jeanie I don't know if you ever share people food with your animals, but avoid giving an onion to the girls. It's bad for them.

I am running of of ways to say 'looks excellent, as always' Jeanie!

looks Pharking delicious!

Back