Traditional Thanksgiving Chicken Feet

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
Well maybe not, but I cooked some anyhow. Think of them as the rib tips of the poultry world, not much meat but lots of cartilage & bone and the price keeps going up. Why, I have no idea.

NmyFFXPh.jpg

Gotta give em a pedi, them nails is sharp.

4Y1hOPxh.jpg

Cook em with some garlic and Ginger for about an hour.

ZiioUrjh.jpg

Get em ready for the grill. Mixed up some chili sauce to coat em and on they go.

wQbDXcbh.jpg

nHws5ALh.jpg

jgVZt52h.jpg

Plated em up. For some reason only me and number one son were the only ones to eat em.

3ExJERah.jpg

My wife loves yardbird feet, I don't get it, no meat, just cartilage and skin.
But wtf, whatever rocks yer boat.
But I gotta ask, have you ever seen a chicken pen Andy? Yes, you can wash it off, but if you live in it, isn't a marinade?

Local wallyworld carries them.
They call them paws, not feet.

I haven't tried them yet.

Those do look as good as one could hope!

I'm so glad you, son, and others like them and they don't go to waste. They just might go to waste at our house. As Terry said, they look as good as one might expect.

Never cooked them as an appetizer...seems like too much bother for too little meat. Only use them when making chicken stock. No need to clip the toenails in that application

chicke13.jpg

under the right circumstances I would probably try at least one. I've been known to eat a few weird stuff after a couple brews.

Never seen them available where I’m from but I’d give them a go for sure just to see! Would probably be eating them on my own ( wife loves chicken , could eat it every day) but the feet would be a hard no from her! My Daughter would at least try them with me tho

Back