THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LYU370

Resident Idjit
Staff member

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Andy
Did you know there is a Foods you love throwdown going on? It's not too late to enter.

I LOVE putting Neil's Nuts in my mouth... Didn't have all the ingredients, so I decided to go "Adams" on em instead. MSU.

Looking for spicy sweet... Used Allegro marinade, dark soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, egg white, bourbon (just because I can), garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, Oakridge Crucible, smoked paprika, chili powder. Thought I had some sambal oleck, but I did not, so I added extra garlic powder & siracha.

BYSlBtOh.jpg

Mix everything together with an occasional stir for about an hour. Stir em up a few times.

pMpewWsh.jpg

Into the FEC for about 2 hours

aFY2zBXh.jpg

Done... Make sure you let them cool off before you try them to see if they are ready. If they're still hot, they'll be soft. Give em about 5 minutes before testing to see if the crunch factor is to your liking.

GrUNLf3h.jpg

Hit the mark, starts off a little sweet, then the spice hits the sides of your tongue a few seconds later. And the heat keeps building for a while. :thumb:

tHzw9JHh.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I'd lick your nuts all day long Andy! Thanks for the idea! I'm gonna try that.

And............how can I ask this without stirring up the pot.............how come there was no Malort involved........anywhere???

Back