Show your BBQ Area

My first attempt at building something! An upgrade(?) from the ground fire site I've been using for a while. Apart from the bricks on top and grate, everything were collected from throw-away stuff around my neighborhood.

BxWttDQ.jpg

M7BMBg1.jpg

Everything's held together by clay.

VqyOsCx.jpg

Still remain to be seen if that thin layer of base would break someday.

Wow, I just read the whole thread, it’s too bad so many pictures are missing; AMROCKS place sounded awesome! Hopefully I can post something eventually, the backyard is a construction zone with pavers going in. Hoping to get a small area with a built in gasser and countertop for a wood burning pizza oven. The smoker will likely be stored in a shed when not being used.

Wow, I just read the whole thread, it’s too bad so many pictures are missing; AMROCKS place sounded awesome! Hopefully I can post something eventually, the backyard is a construction zone with pavers going in. Hoping to get a small area with a built in gasser and countertop for a wood burning pizza oven. The smoker will likely be stored in a shed when not being used.

I agree. I always kept this one tabbed for when I build this year but many pictures have unfortunately disappeared over the years.

So I've been out of pocket a while. But I did a Covid Project in my cooker area.

It's not quite as grand as some others on here, but a big improvement for me, and didn't cost much more than $200 of materials. :cool:

Before, was brewing this day. Notice the Holland gas, and that's a Performer holding up my mash tun. :becky:
bxTefjrl.jpg

In progress
1FCORpJl.jpg

95% done. My projects never get to 100%, may add some lower shelves and maybe a sink of some sort :idea:
DKIjyPel.jpg

I'm finally able to contribute to this thread.

I started this on Sunday afternoon, pressure washing the patio (needs to be done again), measuring 20 times, drilling holes and mounting the posts.

I finished the build yesterday but still have to run electric for lights and music. Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out and that I'll be able to use my gear during a rain storm or the winter. (Even my lawn tractor has a dry parking spot)

vSvQAq6

vSvQAq6.jpg

YLocubk.jpg

MfdKraB.jpg

hfclihq.jpg

fq4gy5v.jpg

d2WDIOQ.jpg

SOArCs8.jpg

ehkdZZu.jpg

9hsQYb0.jpg

sxZ3S4A.jpg

I'm finally able to contribute to this thread.

I started this on Sunday afternoon, pressure washing the patio (needs to be done again), measuring 20 times, drilling holes and mounting the posts.

I finished the build yesterday but still have to run electric for lights and music. Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out and that I'll be able to use my gear during a rain storm or the winter. (Even my lawn tractor has a dry parking spot)

sxZ3S4A.jpg

Nice build! Looks like a nice place to hang a sign right across the front top "MATT'S RETREAT"

Back