Ronelle's Pron-filled Fatty Tutorial...

Has anyone noticed an over abundance of salt taste in fatties in the past 5 or so years?

Doesn't matter what brand, Jimmy Dean, Tennesse Pride, Bob Evans, even the house brands... all of them are way over the deep end on salt taste.

I stopped putting rub on them, thinking it must have contained more salt than I was accounting for. Nope, even naked these things are now an intense salt bomb for me and my wife.

And she loves salt, but we actually have pretty muched stop making these.

Might be we're more sensitive to sodium now, but both of us, at the same time?

Just curious.

A naked or dusted fatty went on the smoker nearly every single time for a decade or two. Now, not so much if at all.

breakfast sausage is not that difficult to make, lots of recipes to choose from too. Don't give in and lose the pleasure of fattiness!

Looking for seasoning advice. Smoked meatloaf number of times, but never a naked fattie. Picked up a tube of Jimmy Dean Original for tomorrow. Label says there is salt in it but no idea how much. Should I add sea salt?

Considering hitting it with either Montreal steak seasoning or Simply Marvelous Santa Maria rub. Have a number of individual spices in the cupboard and open to suggestions.

Looking for seasoning advice. Smoked meatloaf number of times, but never a naked fattie. Picked up a tube of Jimmy Dean Original for tomorrow. Label says there is salt in it but no idea how much. Should I add sea salt?

Considering hitting it with either Montreal steak seasoning or Simply Marvelous Santa Maria rub. Have a number of individual spices in the cupboard and open to suggestions.

Use whatever you use on your butts or ribs. I wouldn't add salt. You can't screw this up....it's gonna be good no matter what! (within reason) :razz:

Back