red box smoker!

When the Red Box arrives I'll take a pic of it next to my red abe's and in my kitchen with all our red appliances. My high school colors were red. Every team I ever coached over 12 years were all red. I kinda like red.:boxing:

just ordered it. wish i would have seen the post above about the review. Mark was really nice and answered all my questions even though i tend to be a pain. called 3 times before i got all my questions answered. shipping was $43.99. yes the price is low and the capacity is small but not everyone has the $$$ to see if they like cooking on an insulated cabinet smoker. dropping $2k and being disappointed vs $400 and being disappointed are 2 very different situations.

smitty: it will fit 2 butts and really thought this would be a good cooker for you.:becky:

it is made in china but is a bw design that bw does not make any longer. bw and ssomd tested these for 8 months. they had a batch of 300 made and have sold 72...73 now.:wink: only issue so far was a scratched corner cover which they shipped the guy a replacement.

same metal as the chubby
1" insulation
exhaust, no stack just an opening on top
intake, nob thing opens/closes the intake on the bottom of the fb door
fb door is not insulated
therm is on top (they said it worked better there and was out of the way of the meat with the limited space in the cc)
hi-temp foam gaskets
no rivets (all screws)
1 year warranty
grates are 11.5 x 12.5 with 4.5" of spacing
could grill by removing the water pan

edit: fiberglass high temp insulation
they are in stock. mine will ship wednesday.
Ya know you have a jimmy! lol What are you going to use that little guy for?

Ya know you have a jimmy! lol What are you going to use that little guy for?

Not really sure. The wife had been bugging me to find something for our anniversary next week. I couldn't think of a thing until I saw this thread and it's cheap enough. I like the small size and weight. I bet I can squeeze a 9lb brisket in there. Besides, do I really need more than 1 cooker anyway? :laugh:

To the brave and daring souls that ordered one of these I'll be curious about the reviews. The stones one must possess to part with 400 bucks on a Chinese cooker must be made of kryptonite. I cant say I've ever purchased a Chinese made hardware product that has had a spark of longevity.

hey smitty

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trinU3VD1Zo"]Chevelle - The Red - YouTube[/ame]

To the brave and daring souls that ordered one of these I'll be curious about the reviews. The stones one must possess to part with 400 bucks on a Chinese cooker must be made of kryptonite. I cant say I've ever purchased a Chinese made hardware product that has had a spark of longevity.

I didn't just buy it without thinking...i think:becky:
I called the guy. gathered all the details and thought it sounded as well built as the cheaper bw line. it is only 70LBS so i am not expecting the quality of my 450LB Abe's but then again it is the lowest price i have ever seen on an insulated cooker. there are no electronics or anything to malfunction. i probably won't be cooking at 400 degrees because i am not sure how it will hold up to those temps but i might eventually get brave and try it.:crazy: i have cooked on cheaper chinese cookers. it's just a metal box. what can go wrong, right?:heh:

This is Mark Lambert. The cooker is the old Backwoods Patio. There are a few upgrades to it such as an all stainless interior, powder coat (vs the old BW's paint), and a different gasket. Mark tested them for several months before marketing them. I've got 8 coming in shortly. As soon as they get here I'll post pics and reviews...I plan on running the heck out of one. If the moderators approve, I'm bringing back the "..It could be yours" smoker raffle and I will put two of them in the raffle....along with a BWS and a Shirley!!

This is Mark Lambert. The cooker is the old Backwoods Patio. There are a few upgrades to it such as an all stainless interior, powder coat (vs the old BW's paint), and a different gasket. Mark tested them for several months before marketing them. I've got 8 coming in shortly. As soon as they get here I'll post pics and reviews...I plan on running the heck out of one. If the moderators approve, I'm bringing back the "..It could be yours" smoker raffle and I will put two of them in the raffle....along with a BWS and a Shirley!!

oh heck yeah! please take my money:becky:

So, it's a 3 dog race. Anybody want to place $$ on who gets theirs first?:becky:

Back