Who makes affordable 'small' cabinet smokers these days?

Sid Post

is Blowin Smoke!
I am looking for something like the Sweet Swine of Mine RED BOX smoker or similar quality and performance smokers that are reasonably insulated with long burn times that won't need a lot of babysitting. I am in East Texas so, shipping costs are a factor as well.

The only other one that comes to mind that is in the sub-$1K price range is the Backwoods Cubby out of Houston. What other options am I overlooking?

TIA,
Sid

Not sure about who else might make them- Back Woods and Humphrey's are the only 2 I can really think of for "small" cabinet smokers. There might be a few "direct from China" that might serve your purposes - not sure if you want to go down that road. I like everything about the Red Box - except the super tiny size. I have a Tamale pot Mini Wsm and I can probably cook as much in it as the Red Box. The cheap Chubby had my eye for a while- the fact that they had sourced it from China did not bother me. When I was thinking about them, Back Woods was selling out of Shreveport, and I was considering a road trip to save freight. The $749 in Mister Lloyds link would be hard to pass up if I were still looking for a small cabinet. I can get all the cooking I need to do lately on a 30 gallon UDS....prices keep going up on meat, I won't even need that.

Not sure about who else might make them- Back Woods and Humphrey's are the only 2 I can really think of for "small" cabinet smokers. There might be a few "direct from China" that might serve your purposes - not sure if you want to go down that road. I like everything about the Red Box - except the super tiny size. I have a Tamale pot Mini Wsm and I can probably cook as much in it as the Red Box. The cheap Chubby had my eye for a while- the fact that they had sourced it from China did not bother me. When I was thinking about them, Back Woods was selling out of Shreveport, and I was considering a road trip to save freight. The $749 in Mister Lloyds link would be hard to pass up if I were still looking for a small cabinet. I can get all the cooking I need to do lately on a 30 gallon UDS....prices keep going up on meat, I won't even need that.

:hungry: No kidding on meat prices!

Right now, Backwoods has free shipping on their "Cubby" model so, it looks like a leading contender.

There are some other insulated cabinet and/or pellet smokers out there but, most are in the $2,000 and up range with relatively expensive shipping. I'm thinking of TK and Assassin as the first two that come to mind but, admittedly are a little large for what I want.

One small Turkey or a Chicken, one or two racks of Ribs, and similar things are more practical "daily" cooks for me.

Is T&K back up running? I was interested in their smokers, but they stopped taking orders back sometime during Covid.

I like my backwoods chubby G3. Only complaint is dealing with the water pan post-cook...especially if you don't remember about it... :icon_sick

Back