Pulled Pork Chile Rellenos (again)

This is something I have yet to make. But I do like your idea of making and saving for future meals. That just makes good sense to me being there is only two of us eating at our home.
Thanks for inspiration Jeanie, it's a wonderful cook. As they all are!

Jeanie,

I do not post much, I just admire your various cooks lurking in the background. Though today I just had to compliment and ask a question. One of my wife's favorite Mexican foods is the Chile Rellenos. I learned something on your batter technique that I will try to use in the future. I appreciate the visual, otherwise I would have probably passed over it and not have given it much thought. The result of the technique appears to give you a fluffy batter that looks really good and light and doesn't degrade the cooking oil as much as a normal egg/flour bath.

Now the question: How did you make the red sauce?

That picture of Homer Simpson with his eyes rolled back in his head and slobbering seems to apply here.

Looks GREAT!

Those look fantastic Jeanie! I've never made chile rellenos, but I should start with these - it'd be a good way to get leftover pulled pork on the table without my family killing me! I like that tip about spooning the hot oil - I never would have figured that one out. :twitch:

Very nicely done - love your cooks!

Thank you for the kind comments!! It's one of my favorite ways to use up leftover smoked meats. :grin:

This is something I have yet to make. But I do like your idea of making and saving for future meals. That just makes good sense to me being there is only two of us eating at our home.
Thanks for inspiration Jeanie, it's a wonderful cook. As they all are!
Sam thank you! I have the same problem as you. No matter what I cook, there are going to be leftovers. It's nice to have quick meals in the freezer though. I'd trade you a chile relleno for one of those pastrami sandwiches. :laugh:

Jeanie,

I do not post much, I just admire your various cooks lurking in the background. Though today I just had to compliment and ask a question. One of my wife's favorite Mexican foods is the Chile Rellenos. I learned something on your batter technique that I will try to use in the future. I appreciate the visual, otherwise I would have probably passed over it and not have given it much thought. The result of the technique appears to give you a fluffy batter that looks really good and light and doesn't degrade the cooking oil as much as a normal egg/flour bath.

Now the question: How did you make the red sauce?

Robert thank you!! Please consider posting more, I would love to hear about your cooking and recipes. Pictures aren't required.
I use a simple sauce with these.

sautee 1 small minced onion and 1 clove of garlic in a bit of oil til tender..
add 2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
Let it simmer for 10 minutes

It's a very thin sauce. The rellenos soak it up like a sponge. You can thicken the sauce with a cornstarch slurry if wanted.

Thank you again Robert, I appreciate you stopping by to comment!

Please, never apologize for starting a thread Jeanie.
I look forward to them.
The Rellenos look amazing! :clap2:

Bob, thank you! I need to be more creative. Rellenos are tasty but I'm sure folks would like to see something new. lol Thanks for your kind comment. :hug:

Cowgirl. YOU GOT SKILLZ. Happy New Year.

Thanks so much!! Hope you have a great New Year too!

Those look fantastic Jeanie! I've never made chile rellenos, but I should start with these - it'd be a good way to get leftover pulled pork on the table without my family killing me! I like that tip about spooning the hot oil - I never would have figured that one out. :twitch:

Very nicely done - love your cooks!

Thank you Greg! The hot oil spooned over the top really does help with the turning. You should have seen me after I made these. Had egg batter all over the kitchen and myself. Just wasn't my day. :laugh:

Superb cooking right there Jeanie, washed down with a tasty Shiner Bock too! Yummmm

Jed, thank you! That Shiner is hard to beat with Tex-Mex food. :grin:

Dayum that looks good! My wife mentioned the other day she wanted to make chile rellenos. This is the recipe I shall use. Thanks Cowgirl.

Thank you SmokinFatties! Hope you have great luck with them!

Those are incredible! I want one........or two.....OK, three. :becky:

Thank you Ray, I'd share if you lived closer. :thumb:

God that looks good Jeanie! I don't think it can be done any better. Seriously

ssv, Thank you! I'm sure there's a better way to make them but these will do for me. I'm not picky! :mrgreen:

Holy Smokes that is off the chain!! Think I need to make some of these :)

Thank you Lockon! Keep me posted if you make them and good luck!

I've been a chili relleno fan for decades but those are the most delicious ones I've ever seen. You have inspired me. Wow!

That's very kind of you to say Beerbecue, thank you!!

Back