Pork Butt for the OU girls

How did you like the Pecan rub?

I really like it. Moderately sweet with a very light pepper finish. Not too salty, which is a big deal to me. Think its a pretty good pork rub. Probably not my style for brisket - I'm a central tx style guy in that regard.

Kevin, this is awesome. My mini me just turned 4 and I only hope that when she is in college she still wants/asks me to fire up the smoker for her. Would do so with a big smile on my face.

Bet she will. And I bet, you like me will snap to attention and be happy about it. Enjoy her. They are a true Blessing.

Well Done, Kevin.

I hope to follow in your proverbial "Dad-Footsteps" one day.

Teach 'em well. Looks like you completely hooked them up for at least a solid week!

Sure beats the ramen noodles at <$0.50/each I found as a college student!

I didn't do the ramen thing - not sure us country kids knew about them. I did make quite the hand at ham & cheese sandwiches and box Mac and cheese though.

Sounds like a fantastic cook. I have a couple of years before I will be doing the same. You will have to ask them how the cabbage was :-D

Well Joe, I asked and the answer was about what I expected. The first round they just did pulled pork tacos so the saved the cabbage to have the next day with sandwiches... believable... but wouldn't you know - while reheating everything they accidentally ruined the cabbage so it was unfit to eat.

If any of you believe this, PM me - I have a really good deal on some ocean front property... :)

Back