Pork Butt for the OU girls

kevinstaggs

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
My daughter is a fan of pulled pork. She lives with 3 other girls and between us Brethren - they can't cook for s*&t. Several big papers/exams coming up so I decided to make a BBQ care package.

Found a nothing-special pork butt at the local grocery. Did little/no trimming and hit it with some Sucklebusters Texas Pecan rub (only my 2nd time to use it).

After a low and slow cook in the MAK, the girls ended up taking this back with them:

Added some sides - smoked Mac&Cheese, cabbage, and vinegar-based slaw. They were all very thankful, but I bet you $100 that cabbage gets trashed. :-D

That's okay. I have to try and put a little more Okie in 'em however I can...

Hope they enjoy eating it as much as I enjoyed making it for them.

Way to go Kevin. I love cooking up bbq to go for family or friends. I used to smoke briskets for my youngest brother to take to his lodge. They loved it and eventually it peaked my brother's interest to get into cooking. He does it all by himself now and I get to enjoy his cooking quite often.

We’ll, hopefully they share the slaw with slaw lovers instead of trashing it, but no way I take that bet!!

Sounds like a fantastic cook. I have a couple of years before I will be doing the same. You will have to ask them how the cabbage was :-D

Nicely done, sir! I can only hope that I get the same request from my daughter when she starts college next fall.

Well Done, Kevin.

I hope to follow in your proverbial "Dad-Footsteps" one day.

Teach 'em well. Looks like you completely hooked them up for at least a solid week!

Sure beats the ramen noodles at <$0.50/each I found as a college student!

Kevin, this is awesome. My mini me just turned 4 and I only hope that when she is in college she still wants/asks me to fire up the smoker for her. Would do so with a big smile on my face.

Back